automatic gas fridge ignition

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
My sister and I have just returned from our first trip, in our new to us, 2001 coachman pastiche 5005/5. For some reason the fridge would not run off the gas. It has an automatic ignition system which just kept on ticking and flashing. We checked the safety valve, but still had no joy. Given that we are two women, please keep the answers simple but any thoughts before we call someone out to take a look would be appreciated.

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
have you made sure the fidge isolation valve is switched on?

you may have an air lock in the gas line,did you make sure the gas was through to the cooker rings first?

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Carol

In your post you say the van is new to you ?

When was the van last serviced ? or has it been serviced since you have bought it ?

Providing you have gas in the bottle, ( have you checked that the gas hob works ? ) & there is nothing blocking the out side vent, it should work OK.... but you really need to to get a mobile engineer to service the van & fridge, if it has not been recently done.....

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
The gas was working fine, the kettle was on for tea! We were told the van was serviced prior to our picking it up from the dealer, but having had issues with the motor mover and the gray cable connection we are now not so sure! I think a mobile engineer will have to be called out (again) with another bill then beig presented to the dealer for a refund, unless we other suggestions can be given.

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi Carol

I don't know how long you tried the fridge for on gas but if there is air in the line it can take a while for it to clear. Depending on how long you have tried it for, it may be worth giving it another go. Run the hob for a bit first to make sure another pocket of air doesn't go to the fridge and then try it again. It can take a minute or so to clear the air out. Failing that I think you will need a qualified engineer to look at it.

Good luck.

Tim

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts