AutoTrader Seller Beware

Sep 18, 2022
Visit site
Hi, not quite sure if this is right forum for this post,.

I recently advertised my aunts caravan on AutoTrader, Had a response asking if still available, and was then asked if ok to view, so far so good , after saying yes ok to view, was then pressured to get a report form a site called Auto docs vehicle services com . I asked why, they said was big investment on a CAR. And I could go on chat as ask them about reports.
I looked into it, checking site and details on emails and I is so obviously a scam, to get out bank details , So beware if you are selling a caravan

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
There are so many out there that why brought a newish car for my wife from a dealer but thanks for this tip it might say someone getting scammed

Aug 9, 2024
Visit site
This happened to me a few weeks ago.
I was pressured to send a report from a site called Fender Check, looked semi legit on first glance, and even the live chat worked (in hindsight it was the same person I was chatting to about the van). Once I noticed the £40 charge for a report, and no address listed, I smelt a rat.
It's difficult not to get sucked in when you believe there's a potential sale in it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts