Avondale Argente 650/6

Apr 1, 2006
Visit site
Has anyone had any problems with the 650/6 Argente? I have heard horrendous stories of buckled shower doors (curved type) Cracks to the front and rear panels at the corner of the windows, floor delamination, electrical problems inc lights fuse box, not being able to shower and have heating at the same time. I purchased a new 650/6 in Jan 06 and apart from the gas fire having a small problem (blocked inlet) we have had no problems. We have heard that the cracks occur with the touring vans but we have spoken to other people who have them as statics and are experiencing the other problems. I replaced my old Avondale Leda Pennine which was 16 years old and never gave us a problem - HAVE I BOUGHT A VERY EXPENSIVE PROBLEM?

Apr 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi, I have just posted a problem similar to yours under "Hairline cracks" and was wondering if these can be repaired as easily as we have been told by the retailer?

Harry

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
If you search this sites posts you will find more than a fair ammount of comment on Avondale front panels.

Search is just above here under Forum FAQs

Apr 1, 2006
Visit site
Thanks Harry,

Not sure as to whether the cracks can be repaired. Must be costing Avondale a small fortune in front and rear panels though!! Not to mention the shower doors (curved) that they are having to replace because they are trying to staighten themselves up again. Went to see my supplier on Sunday and was told that Avondale had sorted alot of the problems out for the 2006 range(GOD I HOPE SO!!) But then he would say that wouldn't he!

Merve

Apr 1, 2006
Visit site
there was some posts about this problem last week.i read it bacause i bought a new avondale dart 556/6 in oct 05.
Hi Jo,

Thanks for your e-Mail. I do hope you don't experience any problems. Seems the 2005 models had some problems. I will be all over my new van like a rash until I am sure that the bodywork is not going to give me any problems. I keep checking the shower cubicle doors and so far they are ok but time will tell. Off to North Norfolk spring bank holiday so I will get more info after that. Guess all we can do is just use the vans and see if any problems pop up eh?

TRENDING THREADS