Avondale arrow (Dart)

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
Can anybody tell me anything about the avondale arrow (dart) 510 5 berth. have seen a 2004 model which looks in mint condition for 6.5K. It comes with everything I would need, 3 awnings battery gas cylinder bbq tv dvd elec cable tables chairs groundsheet wheel lock hitch lock alko stabliser pots pans cutlery.

Hoping to go to see it tomorrow anything in particular to look out for, This will be our 1st van, has the layout we have been looking for. although knowing my look it will have gone before I get there.

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Hi Graham, Have a careful look around both the front and rear panel edges as Avondale suffered a well documented fault with these vans, We had a Mayfair which is a special edition Dart with this layout and of this year that had problems with the rear panel cracking, it was repaired under warrenty but we changed it soon after for fear of it re appeearing.

If you search on this and other forums you will see how widespread the problem was/is.

Other than that we had no problems with the van although build quality left a little to be desired.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Graham

Be careful on the price. The caravan Company seem to have acquired a number of new Avondales and are knocking them out at give away prices.

Cheers

Alan

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
Graham,

As Jasper said, make sure that you check the front and rear panels for cracking, they were prone to go in the top corners and you may have to look closely because there may only be a hairline crack. If that is ok then either it was never a problem or the panels have been replaced. In anycase with this in mind I would insist on seeing the results of a recent damp test. Hopefully with a van of that age the previous owner will have kept the maintenance up to keep the warranty valid.

If all is well there then it could be a reasonable buy.

Good luck.

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
thanks for the advice, I will see how we get on, just to clarify this is a private sale not from a dealer so I'll be very careful, I recon if I can get it for

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
Been to see this now, could see no sign of any cracks anywhere on the front and rear panels, no sign of any damp in the lockers behind these panels, the seller had only had it 1 season and the previous owner sold it with a full damp report so hopefully there should be no problems. all in all look in very good condition, and considering all the gear with it, I took the plunge.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts