Avondale cracked panels & floor delaminating.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Our Avondale Argente as just been in for it's 1st service, we are are having to have the front & back panel replaced, we didn't need to point out to the dealer where the cracks were as he had replaced numerous panels already and had a further 6 vans in his compound with the same cracks in the same places. I actually saw these myself, they were a combinattion of Argente & Dart. He had already had 3 previous vans in with the floor problem and we need to have our floor replaced. Avondale apparantly won't admit they have a problem with the panels but it seems obvious they have. My dealer is not selling Avondale anymore, the salesmen have no faith. How many more of you have had these same problems?

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
I got an Avondale Dart. No crack in any of the panels.

I have had a floor problem. Which was the bit that went over the spare wheel.

Which got fix last week.

The rubber seal on the o/s front window had a lump in it which they fix has well.

Is it over the wheel were you mean.

If I am wrong will you say so please?

Mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Which got fix last week.

The rubber seal on the o/s front window had a lump in it which they fix has well.

Mark
The area where our floor as gone is in front of the fridge. Check your panels at the back very top corners and at the front on the side joint above the handles. Our cracks didn't appear till after a few months.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Which got fix last week.

Mark
I have just been looking back through some of the forum questionsand found a point listed 14/3 titled Avondale caravans covering the same points about cracks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Which got fix last week.

Mark
Hi

just keeping you informed our our progress. Well there isn't any. We couldn't get the caravan back till the first week in January because of prebooked holidays. Avondale have now had our van almost seven week and we have had no contact. I have rung the dealer and he is going to chase them. When it is returned then we have to wait behind all the other vans to have our two panels replaced and a list as long as your arm for all the other bits and bobs. I have got to say our dealer as been brilliant and not quibbled over anything. The fuse is waiting to blow, when you pay this amount of money out and have to have the inconvenience and expense,

Apr 1, 2006
Visit site
Hi

just keeping you informed our our progress. Well there isn't any. We couldn't get the caravan back till the first week in January because of prebooked holidays. Avondale have now had our van almost seven week and we have had no contact. I have rung the dealer and he is going to chase them. When it is returned then we have to wait behind all the other vans to have our two panels replaced and a list as long as your arm for all the other bits and bobs. I have got to say our dealer as been brilliant and not quibbled over anything. The fuse is waiting to blow, when you pay this amount of money out and have to have the inconvenience and expense,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts