Avtex TV

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
I am thinking of changing to an Avtex tv as not too impressed with my current (cheap) LCD tv, nice picture viewed full on but very sensitive to viewing angle.

Avtex are obviously quite expensive but of course are purpose designed for the leisure market, anyone got one and what do you think of it?

Bill D.

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Bill

I have had one since last August, 19 inch on special offer. very pleased with it does what it says on the box, also got a carrier bag makes transporting it much easier and safer.

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
i bought a 19" one last year and found they are quite wide,the stand they have tilts them back so a pain in butt when you put them high up in the unit like on my elddis,i ended up buying a bracket.Quite heavy too

G

The screen on the Avtex is LCD as well, so again how you view it is crucial. We have the 19" one and yes, it works fine, but we have to p;ut it on top of the closed sink as the designated TV locker is at the ceiling and you crick your neck looking up at it. Also it obviously works better when it is dark as the screen does not have the output of a CRT.

Also it comes with built in Freeview, which is fine if you are in an area with good reception. Personally I think it would have been better to fit it with Freesat then the reception would have been universally better once a dish was set up. As many caravan sites may be off the beaten track this would have been a better idea.

If you do buy one then keep the box for carrying it safely.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mikey again!

I have the Senator California and tried via AUX on the radio/CD/DVD unit to get Tv sound but nothing

Can you advise on preocedure please

Regards

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
I have a W193D

On your remote press "set up" down arrow to "function" right arrow then "down arrow to highlight "FM Transmit" right arrow to set to "on" down arrow to set the "Transmit Frequency" ie 93MHZ (prefably an unused one) then press "exit"

Tune your radio into 93MHZ and away you go.No cables

I hope this helps?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks

Mine is the 15in that came with the Senator and the DVD is in the radio head unit

I was expecting it to work via the phono leads and AUX but will try the transmit method

maybe one of the phono needs pushing home etc

Regards

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Ahh if your dvd is run from the radio you will only be able have 1 task running, ie only dvd or radio or aux(this is an input for an external device)

I presume from what you say that you have leads from the dvd (Usually s video white red yellow) to the tv this will carry sound and picture so no need for extra cables.

Whats the cd/dvd player?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Its a combined car radio DVD/CD etc player as fitted by Baiey with red yellow and white phono leads to/from the Avtex Tv

I am going to check the leads but the Tv end is OK as it is receiving the Sky box if so connected

Will check that its in the right TV socket for AV out as well

I have the option of either Sky box or radio/CD/DVD unit connected to the TV

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ok

It works via the 93MHZ but quality is poor on digital and fair to good on Sky

The phono sockets on the TV rear are marked AV in but trying via the TV scart socket got no result in the AUX radio

thanks again

TRENDING THREADS