Awning Cleaning & Repair Services

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
We got a bradcot awning with our caravan and we are in two minds as to what to do with it.

The roof looks like its made of waterproof fabric, as are the windows, but the rest of the panels look like heavy duty fabric. In its prime it looks like it was a very good awning.

However, its got a few faults. One small pole is missing, a small hole in the roof is patched with tape, its dirty and it smells musty.

Think we can replace the pole, I'm sure the hole can be repaired, dirt could be cleaned but its the musty smell which puts me off the most.

I've seen ads for cleaning & repair services but they quote around £200. I can buy a new Pyramid Tuscany awning for £300 or a second hand one in good condition for £150 - £200.

So do I pay for the clean & repair service or ditch the old one and buy a new/second hand model? Know nothing about awnings but I do feel the bradcot one seems to be better quality than the pyramid.

Advice greatly appreciated.

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
The best way to clean an awning is to first put the awning up then use an awning cleaner such as Fenwicks awning cleaner.

If your awning smells musty then it sounds as if it has been packed away wet and got mildew, in that case before using the cleaning product I would make up a solution of water and vinigar and spray the awinig with the vinigar solution this will kill the mildew. Then use the fenwicks.

You will need to reproof the awning as mildew attacks the original waterproofing. Again Fenwicks do a re proofer

A bit of a long job and much elbow grease needed but alot cheaper than a new awning.

Hope this helps

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Found a company locally who do repairs so will give them a call and see what they say. Think they also do the cleaning & re-waterproofing too. Be easier than us doing the work as we don't have anywhere we can erect the awning properly.

Only problem is the missing pole, no one seems to have one. Going to try Bradcot and see if they can help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts