Awning enlargement

Mar 4, 2006
Visit site
Has anyone had experience of having an awning enlarged? If so, where and what was the result. I require one to be enlarged from 775 to 870.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
You could try the Canvas Repair Centre at Burton on Trent I have had one done there it isnt cheap and there is a limit to how much you can enlarge because you end up with the van side a lot bigger than the front which would look really odd and of course there is only limited expansion on your front poles,suggest you give them a ring and ask the question.They do collect and return nationwide their no is 01283 541721

Apr 17, 2005
Visit site
We had our awning enlarged last year - our local camping & caravanning store who we purchased our awning from recommended this company (Trio Pair) even though they do awning repairs & alterations themselves - I contacted (by e-mail) Trio Pair, told them what size the awning was, what size we needed & asked was the required alteration possible, they replied immediately giving us a quote for the work & approx delivery times, also asked if we wanted to send the awning to them or use "their" courier for collection & delivery - we opted to use their courier & the awning was collected a couple of hours later & returned when promised. The workmanship can't be faulted & their service was brilliant, we can't recommend them highly enough.

Contact them & see if they can help you.

Trio Pair

Unit 5

Baileygate Industrial Estate

Pontefract

West Yorkshire WF8 2LN

Telephone 01977 708688 Fax 01977 792157

http://www.triopair.com

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
as was posted on here a while ago,canvas repairers only advise up to two sizes either way,and i would think with this been 3 sizes would not recommend,you could ask,would recommend canvas repair centre for a honest reply

May 10, 2005
Visit site
Vernon,

I posted the same query a few weeks ago. I was adviced by numerous sources that 750 to 900 was too much, as you're sizes are similar I guess the answer is relevant to you too.

As Tony says Canvas Repair Centre were very helpful. I've now bought a new awning and am considering having my old one reduced to a large porch owning. (As suggested by Canvas Repair Centre)

Sep 25, 2005
Visit site
Theres a place at Kingswinford that does it. We haven't had our extended but some years ago a mouse ate through all the layers and we had it repaired there and it was an excellent job.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts