Awning - Fiamma caravanstore

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
I am going to get a new awning for this season and would like some info from anyone that has a Fiamma caravanstore. I saw one of these last summer and was impressed with the erection speed. It has an external frame which is not the norm, is this better? it really seemed easy and quick to put up but are there any drawbacks?

Many thanks for any help.

Sep 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi Baz,

Anything for a quicker erection time - Awning I mean. We too have just purchased a fiamma Caravanstore for our new Pageant Bordeaux. We have tried porch awnings, full size awnings etc but find that for a weekend they are a lot of trouble and its not good taking a wet awning home to dry in the Garage. So we're with you on this one - fingers crossed it will be a success. We thought whether to purchase the sides for a little more privacy. Speaking to other vanners on site you have to be carefull during high winds, not sure if you can use tie down kits. Anyway, good luck and happy vanning.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I was very impressed with the Caravanstore that we have had for several years so I bought the Fiamma Zip.

That is also very easy to erect but suffers from condensation on the inside of the plastic sides on cool nights

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Hi Carl and John,

Many thanks for your replies.

It is the zip that I have seen and thought looked really good and amazingly easy to put up, saw this guy put it up on his own while his wife made the tea, certainly stops the arguing!

I think there is a tie down kit for it. Try http://www.fiammauk.com/ they are giving one away for free with all awnings.

John how bad is the condensation? Are there any flaps to open to let air flow through and reduce condensation? I think most if not all awnings suffer from this problem though?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Carl and John,

Many thanks for your replies.

It is the zip that I have seen and thought looked really good and amazingly easy to put up, saw this guy put it up on his own while his wife made the tea, certainly stops the arguing!

I think there is a tie down kit for it. Try http://www.fiammauk.com/ they are giving one away for free with all awnings.

John how bad is the condensation? Are there any flaps to open to let air flow through and reduce condensation? I think most if not all awnings suffer from this problem though?
Baz I thought that the condensation was very bad and much more than with our Ventura porch.The whole awning is plastic that can not breath and I certainly would not like to sleep in it.

Its great on a hot day with the front up and sides rolled up so that the wind can blow through the netting on the sides but on a cold night the sides and roof are very wet.

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Baz I thought that the condensation was very bad and much more than with our Ventura porch.The whole awning is plastic that can not breath and I certainly would not like to sleep in it.

Its great on a hot day with the front up and sides rolled up so that the wind can blow through the netting on the sides but on a cold night the sides and roof are very wet.
thats food for thought John, thanks. Is it bad in the summer? I love kipping outside in the summer but wouldn't fancy it if I was going to get rained on all night!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts