Awning for campervan and caravan

Aug 5, 2018
Visit site
Hi. I have just joined practical caravan and was wondering about the possibility of using the same awning on a campervan ( fiat ducato rail height 210 cm ) and a small caravan ( Avondale Chiltern rail height 240 cm). I regular ly tour with a friend who owns the caravan while I tow with s campervan. Of course there are times when we take the campervan without the caravan so it would be good to have an awning that we could use with both. We are looking at air awnings currently preferably the drive away type. Hope someone could advise.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
timit62,

I do not know the answer to your question(s).

But I am sure others on here will help.

BTW.

Welcome :)

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
If you can get one that covers both heights then the next thing to look at is how they fix to the camper van and caravan. Obviously On the caravan you put them into the awning rail. I know that some drive away awnings can fix into a rail but you would need to check. Bet its do-able though. Get googling.
Mel

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
I used a Vango Kela 3 driveaway air awning with a CI Cadet 10 caravan. This was the 'low' variant which fitted the shaped roofline/awning rail perfectly. It had the kador strip sewn in but came with straps for securing over the roof of a camper/motorhome and loops to secure to roof rails. They normally come in 3 adjustable
hight ranges, usually low, standard and high.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
You are talking about a 30cm difference in height. I think it is very unlikely you will find an awning that will cover this difference although some motorhome porch awnings do have an extension on the back to allow for different heights which may work. I suspect the Practical Motorhome forum might be better able to help you more.

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I use a Caravanstore "Awning in a bag" on both my camper van and caravan. I had to fit a length of awning rail to the camper, but that's not difficult. The basic awning is just a sunshade, but I believe you can get sides for them.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Raywood said:
You are talking about a 30cm difference in height. I think it is very unlikely you will find an awning that will cover this difference although some motorhome porch awnings do have an extension on the back to allow for different heights which may work. I suspect the Practical Motorhome forum might be better able to help you more.

The Vango Kela 4 Standard has a Kador adjustable height of 205cm to 245cm - This may just work with a standard height caravan awning rail. A driveaway kit would add some leeway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts