Awning Heating

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a sterling treker caravan and full awning, and are going to want to use this very large awning in the spring. Does anyone have any suggestions for heating this very large space as the dog will be sleeping in it over night! Got to keep the dog warm!!! thanks very much

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Your dog will be a lot healthier if you treat it like a dog, rather than a human wimp. Dog kennels don't have heating so why should your awning? If you really want to pamper the dog, let it sleep inside the caravan with you!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
just what I was thinking. As I was reading the mail, I was thinking how to word the solution, then I got to the reason for wanting to heat the awning....

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It depends on the dog! Our long coat German Shepherds will happily stay in the garden all winter but our Jack Russell terrier has a very short coat and would freeze. I am sure you know your dog better than us and if he is used to all home comforts he wont be happy in a cold awning and will probably spend all night telling everyone all about it! I dont know how you can safely heat the awning all night, the Halogen heaters seem safe and have a cut-out to switch them off if they fall over but they give off a very bright light and would probably keep everyone awake. If you let the dog in the van he will want to sleep on your bed and continue it when you get home. Perhaps you could consider sleeping in the awning and let the dog have the van!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sue

I would presume that your van has blown air haeting, there is a simple kit to extend this into the awning, it has a weather proof cover on the outside,It's not just dogs that benifit in the cooler evenings,another way if you usehigh grade sites with 'lecky then a small blow hear is adequate,I use one but not required it all night. These method are safe

TRENDING THREADS