awning pole tensioners

Sep 8, 2004
Visit site
could anybody please give me some advice on this bit of kit? the poles are 28mm alloy,are they likely to damage the poles? which is the best one to use,i have seen 2 advertised one is the hercules and i think they call the other one the awning companion.cheers folks appreciate any feedback on this.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Ray

We have an Isabella which needs their Hercules tool to get the tension right.

Best check with your awning maker. Too much tension can be just as bad as too little.

What make and moel do you have?

Cheers

Alan

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
I have the original Hercules designed for steel poles and think that would be a disaster on alloy tubes. I dont know about the one for reinforced plastic tubes but think you are wise in seeking advice.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Ray

Check the tensioning aspect with Dorema. The Hercules is a powerful tool and used incorrectly could cause damage.

Cheers

Alan

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We have a large Dorema awning with 5 roof poles ( including side ones) and found it virtually impossible to get adequate tension which led to the roof sagging when it rained. The Hercules works fine with alloy poles as the aim is not to get the tension rod tight but just to give the extra *** that is quite difficult by hand alone. The advantage of Hercules over the new one shwon in PC is that you dont have to keep tightening it onto the poles, and with Hercules you just hold the tension whilst tightening the clamp screw.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts