Awning rail high up entry point

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
My previous vans always had an entry point for the awning canvas near the roof making it easy to feed in ,recent vans dont seem to have this , why.All the reports for the new air awnings say it is hard to feed through and pictures show it being fed from the bottom.
Can one be added ( by the dealer I guess to avoid voiding the warranty)

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Plotter.
My 8 year old Wyoming has the additional higher entry points you mention.
I suspect the new methods of construction no longer use an add on awning rail and a retro fit is not possible .
Progress :eek:hmy:
or is it reinventing the wheel ;)

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
ThePlotter said:
Can one be added ( by the dealer I guess to avoid voiding the warranty)

Yes. Our new van we bought 3 years ago didn't have any access at the higher level so our local dealer used their special tool to create an entry point exactly where we specified. We only asked for one at the rear as we only use a porch awning so no need for one at the front. They would have added one if we wanted it.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
It goes to show that vans are not always designed by those that use them an entry point just below the point where the rail curves to the roof would make fitting a porch awning canvas blow up or otherwise a one man job,one at the rear would mean contending with a sharp curve.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Thanks one and all, I still fail to see why in the main they are no longer done as standard or equally why all the caravaning mags all comment on how hard it is to feed the awning but fail to see what the solution is.
How much is it to get the rail opened up,I guess not much, if it wasnt for the warranty i would do it myself

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts