May 20, 2017
Visit site
Have just said hello in new members section.
I have a question, just bought a Coachman Pastiche 2010 model, it came complete with an Awning and poles still in the boxes, looks like it has never been opened.
The company I bought it off, said (before I bought it I must add) they do not guarantee the Awnings on second hand caravans.
Upon getting the beast home, I checked on the internet and it says Awning length should be 935cm. the size on the box I have says 875 to 900cm.
I am hoping you will tell me it will fit, but I don't hold out much hope.
I await replies. :(

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
On the face of it - it won't fit............... however it would be best to check by measuring on your van. Measure from the ground up to the start of the awning rail, then all the way around the awning rail and back down to the ground at the rear of the van. See what that measurement is and compare it with what's on the box.

Awning measurement is never precise because if you happen to have had to put your awning side wheel on a level ramp, that could alter the measurement by 7 to 10 cms. Also it isn't too expensive to have a tapered gusset put in the awning skirt to give a bit more height.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Voyager, I can understand they do not guarantee the awning but if it was sold as suitable for the caravan then it should be the correct size.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Did the awning come 'with' the used van, ie from the original seller or was it added to the van as part of the bundle you bought from the dealer? If the latter then the dealer has the responsibility, but if the prior I can see their point of view.

May 20, 2017
Visit site
It came in with the Van. they said that they don't check awnings, it takes too much time, so they just leave them in the Vans and sell them on, without any warranty.
They were quite open about it.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Oh well, in that case, fit it to the van and see how it sits, maybe the previous owners have modified it. You can but hope.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
I'm with Hutch. Give it a try. If it is in really good nick but is too small, then alteration to a slightly larger size will save you hundreds compared to a new awning.
mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
It may be in the wrong box!!!!
Dont know what make you have but our Dorema has a little label sewn on the inside, worth checking before you go to the hassle of putting it up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts