Awnings, advice please….

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
They work well but the awning needs an eyelet or similar to attach it to. Most have one but my parents had an NR awning that didn’t. They’re quite straightforward to use and a real bonus for anyone that struggles to pull them along.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
With the Clingons having a grip of 100 kg and looking at the ones Milk float has suggested, I would think they would have no problems.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My post above gives details, its not clear on that Amazon ad what the item size is. The company now call them Holdons to further confuse the matter. I bought direct from the company then I knew what I was getting.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
My post above gives details, its not clear on that Amazon ad what the item size is. The company now call them Holdons to further confuse the matter. I bought direct from the company then I knew what I was getting.

I would only require 4 and if ordering direct the cost is £7.50 for delivery so bought on Amazon the same clips for £5.10 and free delivery. Two we can use for the sunshade when we use it.

Thanks for the tip as did not really want to give up the Isabella Magnum. Now we need the pulley. (y) :D

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I would only require 4 and if ordering direct the cost is £7.50 for delivery so bought on Amazon the same clips for £5.10 and free delivery. Two we can use for the sunshade when we use it.

Thanks for the tip as did not really want to give up the Isabella Magnum. Now we need the pulley. (y) :D

Even the small ones are rated at 70 kg, but they are used on thinner material whereas the large ones cope with 6 mm.

Reactions: Buckman
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Going back to the OP request,you can use a smaller size full awning,if it is the pole type,measure from the floor to the roof next to the door,and round to the floor at the back, that becomes the size of awning you need, you also need an upright pole, Isabella do them,then the awning cord is cut at the point where you want the awning to end near the door.So you now have an awning that goes from the rail at the back and stops where you want it to. The advantage over a porch is that the awning is in the channel all the way round until it meets the down pole.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
So how about this one from Kampa.If it works on a Kampa then it will work on an Izzy which are of course much stronger.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LMycpwWzNs
I am wondering if a pole with a hook like those to open a window will suffice, but then if we replace the current awning with an air awning the Kampa will be best however at the moment that is in the distant future and may never happen.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Well every day is indeed a school day. I never knew such things existed, but thanks to this forum I do now!
I will I think, get me a set as they must cause less stress on tarps and such like than using the sewn in eyes (which can pull out)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We purchased the Easy Awning pulley as we both have disabilities and we thought this may make life easier for us when erecting the awning. What a hassle setting it up especially if it is raining. The other thing is the stopper would not go around the bend at the rear of the caravan which could be a combination of the screw being too wide or the rail being too narrow in that area.

Although we did watch the video we never realised that in order to access the top awning rail you would need a step ladder if you are under 6' tall as normal caravan steps do not give you enough height and I have difficulty stretching upwards due to arthritis. A broom handle with a hook on the end would be a lot easier and quicker.

Probably also my fault for not thinking or checking issues. Hopefully they will accept a return so that i can buy the broom handle & hook. :D

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts