Awnings

Nov 17, 2019
Visit site
Hi folks I'm hoping I can get some help , I'm awaiting my first caravan elldis explore 554 2021 having 2 large dogs we need an awning so after some research I know I need the rail height 2430 and the straight rail length which I can't seem to find but also the measurement from the door to the end of the straight rail to get the correct size does anyone have this info as I can't find it anywhere !!! The awning I'm looking at is vango valkala connect 360 air
Frustrated 😑
Rottman

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
According to Google, the full awning size is 1015 cm. you won’t find the straight rail length quoted anywhere; you just have to measure it yourself and work out where a porch awning will cross a window or locker, and if you can live with it if it does. With the popularity of inflatable porch awnings, you would think that manufactures would give you these helpful statistics; but they don’t. So you just have to leg it back to the dealer with tape measure in hand.
BTW I think Xplore are a cracking van. We have a 302.
Mel

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Also, we have a Varkala Connect 420. Quite like it. Helpfully, Vango give decent specs on their websites. They give the size of the Kador ( which is usually the β€œ420” measure, or whatever) and the distance apart of the end inflatable tubes. This is really useful in working out where the awning walls are going to fall.
The Varkala goes on our seasonally pitched behemoth, not the 302 πŸ˜‚
Mel

Nov 17, 2019
Visit site
According to Google, the full awning size is 1015 cm. you won’t find the straight rail length quoted anywhere; you just have to measure it yourself and work out where a porch awning will cross a window or locker, and if you can live with it if it does. With the popularity of inflatable porch awnings, you would think that manufactures would give you these helpful statistics; but they don’t. So you just have to leg it back to the dealer with tape measure in hand.
BTW I think Xplore are a cracking van. We have a 302.
Mel
Thanks Mel glad it's not me, my vans still at the factory so can't measure it won't get it until a couple of weeks before holiday and most awnings are pre order so I'd like to get it now as stock is being sold out you would think the elldis could this info on the Web but they give ground to ground measurement, don't know what good that is .
Cheers for the reply πŸ‘

May 21, 2021
Visit site
I had the same query recently on the Coachman we ordered so I just emailed the dealer and asked him to measure the showroom model for me. A couple of hours later I had the answer.

Reactions: Rottman and Hutch
Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Mel glad it's not me, my vans still at the factory so can't measure it won't get it until a couple of weeks before holiday and most awnings are pre order so I'd like to get it now as stock is being sold out you would think the elldis could this info on the Web but they give ground to ground measurement, don't know what good that is .
Ground to ground measurement is for a full awning.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just google Vango Varkala connect air 360
it gives you all the details on specification what you are looking for and then see if it fits your new caravan

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The information is in the Elddis Xplore website. Why would you want an awning sitting with a 2' gap all round which is why the measurement is ground to ground. See https://elddis.co.uk/models/xplore-554 and look up specifications. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts