Back again

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I've not been an active participant in the forum for a few years now (well, more than a few), so i thought this warranted a little piece in the new members section.

Having had 3 previous caravans, we stopped completely around 2013 after one of those trips where literally everything that could go wrong - did.

Buying another came up in conversation frequently, especially last summer. Fast forward to the start of this year, we got a sudden urge to go look at some examples to see how they had changed.
Of the selection of used vans we viewed, only a few impressed (some were just awful and insanely overpriced). A local dealer managed to plant a seed about looking at new caravans instead, which led us down that path and after the usual wait we collected towards the end of February.

I'd forgotten how all the necessary accessories add up, best part of another thousand spent on everything else (most expensive items being a 2nd hand mover and a new awning).

Now all i need to do is use it, looking forward to a weekend that we don't have guests and i'm not working!

See you on the road

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome back to our expenceive, "cheap" weekends away , the sites don't get cheaper, but meeting up with folk, is great. Which area are you from.

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Welcome back to our expenceive, "cheap" weekends away , the sites don't get cheaper, but meeting up with folk, is great. Which area are you from.

South Yorkshire, so with easy striking distance of the tranquility of the Peak District or the glamour of the Lincolnshire coast resorts !

Reactions: JezzerB
Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Grantham are giving a warranty I see. Don't think you can go wrong!

Indeed

I even got an email from Lunar Automotive acknowledging the purchase for the purposes of the manufacturers warranty.

I did read that Lunar was ISO accredited before they went under, suggesting that the quality should have improved. So far, I've found no serious issues other than a couple of little niggles that i'll probably post about !

Reactions: JezzerB
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Indeed

I even got an email from Lunar Automotive acknowledging the purchase for the purposes of the manufacturers warranty.

I did read that Lunar was ISO accredited before they went under, suggesting that the quality should have improved. So far, I've found no serious issues other than a couple of little niggles that i'll probably post about !
Don’t read too much into ISO QA. I was a lead assessor many years back for its predecessor the Defstans. We came across companies whose approach to the process was good insofar as their paperwork complied with the requirements. But that itself didn’t guarantee good product quality as the ethos to achieve good quality hadn’t permeated through all areas of the business. QA was often considered a inconvenient add on and often the poor old QA manager soldiered on without much support.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts