Bailey 2016 locker space

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi all. Thinking of going for either Cartagena or Brindisi. Quite a difference in spec as currently have Pegasus gt65( spoilt !) Anyway noted huge reduction in outside locker space on all new models. Does anyone find this an issue? Where to keep "stuff" one would normally store in outside lockers? Thanks

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We changed from an Eldidis with a big front locker to a Valencia with no front locker. Did initially panic but then did what Sir WC said and found there was loads of room. We only take one gas bottle so there is quite a bit of spare space in the gas locker ( making sure vents are not covered) and of course there is plenty of room under the bed. The side locker swallows stuff as well.
Mel

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
On the Valencia you access the gas locker, the under bed locker and the near side front locker from outside. The doors are big enough but you have to bend a bit.
Mel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have been looking to change our caravan and having had a Bailey previously which was our best van to date we cannot consider the current Bailey offerings, as no front locker, mains hook up has to come in through awning, and battery under the floor, the examples we have seen at dealers have had poor interior designs,such as head boards held on with velcro, and cupboard doors that did not open and shut properly, wish they still made Senators.Mind you they are not alone, we have seen display models of most makes with trim missing, cupboards that don't shut or open properly and poorly designed interiors, why can't manufacturers offer a cupboard instead of a cocktail cabinet, or a choice of upholstery, now thinking of keeping our existing van, may just have the upholstery replaced when it starts to wear. Not convinced that the manufacturers ever use their vans as so many have impractical features.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
It puts me off as there are things I find difficult to store elsewhere. Our last caravan an Argente had the gas bottles midships but still had a useful but fairly small front locker. I cannot see why Bailey do not do the same although I suspect it is a cost issue as a front locker might be a bit more expensive to fit.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Raywood said:
Our last caravan an Argente had the gas bottles midships but still had a useful but fairly small front locker.

Yes, Avondale had brilliant ideas of gas locker over axle and spare wheel through the floor just behind axle. We had a 1998 Avocet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts