Bailey bodypanel problem

Jan 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi all.......I have a 2013 bailey pegasus gt65 turin with alu-tech bodywork.
While cleaning the roof I noticed a large spot to the rear were the finished paintwork is flaking and falling off,a second smaller spot is also starting to flake close by (see photos),could anyone advise on cause/solution while I am awaiting workshop appointment to examine problem.

Mick20191230_132828.jpg20191230_132817_001.jpg

Reactions: Dodger524
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi all.......I have a 2013 bailey pegasus gt65 turin with alu-tech bodywork.
While cleaning the roof I noticed a large spot to the rear were the finished paintwork is flaking and falling off,a second smaller spot is also starting to flake close by (see photos),could anyone advise on cause/solution while I am awaiting workshop appointment to examine problem.

MickView attachment 34View attachment 35
Possibly bird mess which is an alkali and very corrosive if left.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
From the shape of the damage it looks to me like there was damage during build which was "repaired" badly.

It is common for repair patches to change colour from the original paint and show up some years later.

There is a business, Tourershine, who would be better to advise on what has happened.
Paul is very good at what he does and worth a phone call or email with pics.

Reactions: Dodger524
Jan 2, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for your suggestions......the caravan is stored at home with a cover over it but it is possible that bird droppings could have been there when cover was put back on although there was no sign of other droppings on roof......it does look like the finishing paintwork has been "pushed off"if that is possible on the alu-tech panels so I don't know if there is a touch up spray paint available from bailey or others....I will let try tourershine for their thoughts.......many thanks and keep your suggestions coming.
Mick

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for your suggestions......the caravan is stored at home with a cover over it but it is possible that bird droppings could have been there when cover was put back on although there was no sign of other droppings on roof......it does look like the finishing paintwork has been "pushed off"if that is possible on the alu-tech panels so I don't know if there is a touch up spray paint available from bailey or others....I will let try tourershine for their thoughts.......many thanks and keep your suggestions coming.
Mick

I don’t think that the alu tech caravans have roof panels that are substantially different from other types of caravan. So a competent workshop should be able to effect a repair. Although as it’s on the roof I think I would do it myself as I’ve done enough car panels over the years to do a satisfactory repaint and merge.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts