Bailey Customer Service

Jun 14, 2007
Visit site
About two weeks ago i made a modification to my senator wyoming, i cut the end of the arm that holds the cushion on the end of the door side single so as to allow myself to relax without my legs being cramped up after cutting this i now needed a new strip of veneer to recover the edge. I was confident that i could find something to cover this if unable to get it from my deeler or bailey, my first port of call was an email to Kelly Watts of bailey on the bailey helpline who responded to me very quickly and informed me that i was not a problem that she would have it sent to me immeidatly.Two days later i recieved a small parcel to my home in Ireland with the trim inside not only was it prompt service this was sent to me free of charge. I have to say form the start of the job to the finished product took 4 days and one email and cost me nothing all i can say if thats not aftercare service i dont know what is ,i did not even have to drive to my dealer Donal of Buckleys who i know would have looked after it anyway.This is our third new Bailey and we will be staying Bailey. Thanks for a great job Bailey.

Luke and Avril Fox

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
Nice to hear someone who is not Bailey bashing. I bought my Bailey Ranger on the strength that Bailey scored near the top of the Caravan Club reliability surveys and because the N.Ireland Dealer was only about 6 miles from where I live (I also know the salesman socially). However since finding this forum, the level of negativity about Bailey has really shocked me, and yet I got roundly attacked for being slightly negative about Swift group caravans (based on advice I had received from two different independent second hand caravan dealers.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I can see why you think that forum members are 'Bailey Bashing' William but the very nature of a forum such as this means that more negative than positive comments are posted about all caravans.

It might have been that Bailey owners who have just started to use their caravans after the winter are asking questions and writing about faults that have cropped up, another time it will be Swift or Lunar where owners have a gripe.

I'd venture to suggest that the overwhelming majority of Bailey owners are very happy with their caravans and we only learn about the problems that can crop up via forums.

No one writes to say that they have a caravan and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it so forums give a slightly distorted picture but are a useful tool for manufacturers to be aware of recurring problems early without waiting for feedback to filter through dealer networks.

It's great to learn that Kelly Watts is still providing the first class service that she is well known for on many caravan forums and anyone travelling the highways and byways of Britain will see that there are a lot of Bailey caravans out there which means that they must be doing something right.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
I have on two occasions emailed Kelly Watts for two different problems.

Both times she has replied quickly and met my requirements.

I think she does an excellent job for Bailey.

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
Parksy - can I say that I have recently bought a new Bailey Senator Series 6 Vermont and there was absolutely nothing wrong with it apart from the TV that was supplied with it which is rubbish - its the third new Bailey Ive bought and the build quality has been exceptional compared to some other makes - perhaps Ive been lucky but well done Bailey

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Jon

Our S6 Wyoming has been a dream. A few minor issues all sorted rapidly by Chipping Sodbury. Kelly Watts has helped me with a few things over the years FOC.

I agree the free tv was absolute cr@p. Kelly sent me a different tv bracket which helped considerably with the view angle.

Over the last few years both Bailey and Swift have had a bashing but then with the volumes it's not surprising.

The key to a successful ownership is finding a first class dealer.

As we all know we are not allowed to mention the rubbish ones in case Lord Hezza gets sued!

Cheers

Dustydog

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Parksy

There are lots of fords, that actually means nothing, good or bad.

It just means they are common.
Both Bailey and Swift are common because they produce goods that people want to buy at a price that they are willing to pay.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Because of the restrictions that we operate under 'for legal reasons' it's all the more important that when one of our number receives good service from a dealers or manufacturers they take the trouble to give their name a mention on the forum.

An endorsement from an experienced caravanner is worth keeping in mind when buying goods or services and a potential new buyer will have some idea where to start looking.

Caravan buying is very subjective and because a member owns and likes a particular make of caravan this doesn't mean that other makes are not as good. We buy what suits us which is no reason to be disparaging about other makes of caravan.

Our caravan is a Swift product which is ideal for us but we still go to the shows and have a look round other brands, some of which we also like.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Parksy

I have had my 2004 Bailey Senator Vermont from new.

Yes baileys are common, but they are not the best caravan, nor the worst.

I have had a new Swift challenger, again from new, again i would make the same comments as above.

These are only my experiences, so i can only comment on my own findings.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
In the past nine years we've owned a couple of 1990s Lunars which were roomy but damp, an Ace Ambassador and we started with a 1985 Eccles Topaz which is still around these days and has always been bone dry.

Our last two caravans have been Abbeys bought from new and our current Abbey 620 is everything we ever wanted in a caravan for the money that we'd got to spend.

There's always something better though........

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
If I'd spent a small fortune on , say a vanmaster, do you think for one minute I'd tell anyone what went wrong with it??

Cheers

Dustydog

Mar 7, 2009
Visit site
wow

i have email'd this morning and wasn't expecting an answer for day or two but she has helped and now its sorted, thank you kelly,

thank you bailey

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
We take delivery of a Senator California next month - I have e-mailed Kelly twice with questions and have received a reply almost by return both times. BTW the TV supplied in our van will be a is now an Avtex, hope this means they are better quality.

Jan

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
We bought a Pageant Champagne S6 in 2007 after a series of Elddis 'vans. I have to say that Bailey Customer Service is light years ahead of the Explorer Group in my experience. We love the 'van apart from a few minor niggles, but then you can't please all of the people... I made a few modifications to improve storage and the necessary parts were obtained well within Bailey's promised 10 day deadline. However, the thing that most impresses me is that Bailey have a transient warranty. Our supplying dealer was rubbish and failed to rectify the few minor faults but we were able to take it to another authorised Bailey Repair Centre and have the work done there. We have used them regularly since.

Sep 8, 2006
Visit site
I too have had good expriences with Bailey costomer service.

Firstly the water pump which stopped working. Quick email to Kelly Watts and a replacement was dispached F.O.C.

The second occasion was a button which came off a cusion. Again quick email and some replacements arrived within days.

I cannot comment on other makes of caravan as this is my first. However, the above reasons mean I will certainly be upgrading to another Bailey in the near future.

Thanks, Dan.

Mar 9, 2006
Visit site
I too have had good expriences with Bailey costomer service.

Firstly the water pump which stopped working. Quick email to Kelly Watts and a replacement was dispached F.O.C.

The second occasion was a button which came off a cusion. Again quick email and some replacements arrived within days.

I cannot comment on other makes of caravan as this is my first. However, the above reasons mean I will certainly be upgrading to another Bailey in the near future.

Thanks, Dan.
I hope that I will not be branded a "Bailey Basher2 but from my own experience they fall somewhat short of the promises made in their publicity. I bought a S5 Indiana when they were launched as my first van and had done the rounds of dealers, this model was lauded as the best. Well I won't list all that has occured since then suffice to say I am on a 3rd roof, 3rd rear panel, 2nd front panel, 3rd water pump, 2nd battery box, 2nd A frame cover and a few other minor niggles.~I will agree that Kelly Watts was quick to reply to my problems but Bailey themselves have in my opinion a somewhat cavalier attitude to the customer

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
Now on my 3rd new Baily i have delt with Kelly Watts on several occasions and allways found her very helpfull.Must admit i am a little disapointed with my new California silly little items seems as if it was a rush job .Bailey have been makeing vans for over 50 years now so should be getting it right .When i read of some of the horror stories some people have it makes me shudder i had a bad expierience with a new 2001 Swift Challenger but that is another story.So far Baileys have been ok nothing that cant be got around dont know about the California yet as not been away but will let you know when we have used it.

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi

Kelly Watts has saved Bailey reputation on more times than i can remember on this forum and many others. When other customer service operators just cannot be bothered she will always go the extra mile to try and help. If Baile ever lost her it would be a very sad day.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Must admit the one and only time I tried to contact Kelly at Baileys via email failed to get a response 2nd time was contacted by other people within the baileys set up, and was very pleased with the courteous service and advice and the final result.

Royston

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
Phoned Kelly Watts on Bailey,s help Line.

I am doing a modification on my caravan putting alloy wheels on in place of the mild steel rim,s supplied. I needed to know if i could use the wheel bolt on the steel wheels for the new alloy,s

NO was the answer. But you can use alloy wheel bolt on steel wheels which was my next question. Kelly Watts of Bailey responded with the informion immeidatly no problem th girl knows her stuff.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts