bailey front locker locks

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, is it just mine or are all bailey front locker locks a pain, I have a 2007 pageant and the front storage locks are driving me nuts, theyre the type which has a curved bracket, 2 nuts on the bottom and when you turn key, or in my case force key to turn, a cylinder is pulled up, no matter how much I clean or wd40 it still needs a force on the key in which im sure itll snap one day any solutions !!!!!!!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Try pressing the locker cover in the vicinity of the lock as that will reduce the friction caused by the lock lever having to turn as you turn the key.

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Yer in always do that, but found out my door lock is Made by Hartel which is also stiff to open with key, wondered if there's any connection, the door is siting with key but the front locker is really hard sure I'm gonna break the key one day

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you open the locker door and then try to turn the key is it still stiff,if so I would invest in new locks,if not then the problem is to do with the locker,is there anything that could foul on the locking barrel ,and is the rubber seal in place, on our previous Bailey the seal was loose and once it was reattached the lock worked OK.

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Sorted, been driving me nuts, as you know you insert key mine turned very stiff and then the barrel should receed into cylinder and tighten against frame of locker, well this was getting near impossible dispite covering everything in WD40 so i took both units off turned both upside down n poured bycicle chain lube down both ane let stand for a few hours, and hey presto they work like a dream both as smooth as silk, I think but maybe wrong thst the way they're angled rain must seep throgh the key entrance and fill l the chamber over time causing rust n gunge to build up over time, so no matter how much oil or WD40 is squirted in it doesn't seem to work, taking them out n turning upside down and the water just trickles out so after most of it is out I poured bike lube in and left fir an hour or so and it worked a treart, ( well thats my theory anyway and it worked )

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts