Bailey Leaking Front Windows

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
We bought a 2003 Bailey Auvergne from a dealer with a years warranty who have tried to fix it but are know dragging there heals a little, who should i turn to for a solution to this problem. Unfortuantly we live 430miles from the dealer we bought it from & local dealers are not interested in doing it for them. Mike.

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
A Bailey of that age should still have some manufacturers warranty left for water ingress. Is it worth giving Baileys a call and asking for their help?

John.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mike,

If you go on to the Bailey Caravans web site you will see the heading....Information centre.Go down to customer help line which gives a telephone number and e-mail address.They are usually quite prompt with their e-mail replies.

Hopefully you might then get satisfaction.

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
Mike,

I thought that the 3 year warranty was for general items, but water ingress was for longer ie 5 years. I understood that it wass transferrable, as when I sold my 3 year old ranger a few years ago, the dealer taking the van in was particularly interested in checking the service history for that reason. If it were my van I would still be onto Baileys, I suspect the last thing they want is for their name to keep coming up in forums such as this.

Hope you can get it sorted.

MAM

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
I've just bought a 2005 Bailey Pageant Provence. When I phoned Bailey to tranfer the warranty, they told me it was non-tranferable. So I'm now left without a warranty.

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
Terms and Conditions

The above offer is subject to the following conditions. The warranty agreement does not affect the purchaser's statutory rights.

The Bailey Warranty Cover is offered subject to the following simple conditions:

1. The duration of the Body Shell Integrity Guarantee is 72 months from the date of purchase and the duration of the Manufacturers Warranty is 36 months from the date of purchase.

2. That an authorised Bailey Service Centre has carried out a full service, including moisture survey, annually from the date of purchase as new (or within 6 weeks of each anniversary of purchase).

3. The unexpired period of the 6 year body shell guarantee and the 3 year manufacturer's warranty on all models manufactured after 1st September 2005 is assignable to subsequent owners at a cost of

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
Terms and Conditions

The above offer is subject to the following conditions. The warranty agreement does not affect the purchaser's statutory rights.

The Bailey Warranty Cover is offered subject to the following simple conditions:

1. The duration of the Body Shell Integrity Guarantee is 72 months from the date of purchase and the duration of the Manufacturers Warranty is 36 months from the date of purchase.

2. That an authorised Bailey Service Centre has carried out a full service, including moisture survey, annually from the date of purchase as new (or within 6 weeks of each anniversary of purchase).

3. The unexpired period of the 6 year body shell guarantee and the 3 year manufacturer's warranty on all models manufactured after 1st September 2005 is assignable to subsequent owners at a cost of

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Mike's Bailey was built when the factory warranty wasn't transferable from the original owner. As he appears to have bought a secondhand Bailey, with a year's warranty, from a dealer it's the dealer who's responsible for fulfilling the warranty, not Bailey.

I'm sympathetic to Mike's situation but buying anything from a dealer over 400 miles away is courting disaster.

Legal rights of the customer only ever put obligations on the seller. Expecting a manufacturer or another dealer of the same franchise to sort problems out is never to be recommended, whether it's a caravan, car or anything else.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts