Bailey Orion wet corners outer floor

Mar 22, 2024
Visit site
Hi, All,

We have a 2013 Orion 430/4, the plywood on the outer floor is very wet in the rear corners. any ideas on rectifying this would be appreciated. i found some plastic/pvc stuck in the corners which appeared to be holding water, i have removed these as best i can, when it warms up a bit i plan to remove the lighting unit corners and the central panel and then dry it all off and see if i can reseal anything.
Thanks for reading.,

Sep 23, 2023
Visit site
Sometimes where the lowest part of the awning rail Meets the end panels run of water collects in the corner sections of the floors.. I've used a piece of plastic angle to interrupt it's flow and deflect the water so it misses the floor and drips onto the ground

Reactions: Berti
Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
While researching Orion as next potential van found some Youtube videos on repairing leaks. Have google.
Seems common issue is walls don't go down pass floor enough. Fix was per toad.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Hi, All,

We have a 2013 Orion 430/4, the plywood on the outer floor is very wet in the rear corners. any ideas on rectifying this would be appreciated. i found some plastic/pvc stuck in the corners which appeared to be holding water, i have removed these as best i can, when it warms up a bit i plan to remove the lighting unit corners and the central panel and then dry it all off and see if i can reseal anything.
Thanks for reading.,
I believe that when Bailey's of this age were produced there was a peice of plastic sheeting "caught" between the floor and side/rear panels on the corners to prevent water getting into the floor. That plastic sheeting (think fertiliser sack) becomes brittle over time and cracks. The result isn't too difficult to predict

Mar 22, 2024
Visit site
I believe that when Bailey's of this age were produced there was a peice of plastic sheeting "caught" between the floor and side/rear panels on the corners to prevent water getting into the floor. That plastic sheeting (think fertiliser sack) becomes brittle over time and cracks. The result isn't too difficult to predict
Thank you very much for the reply, your description is perfect, it just looked as if it hadn't been finished off neatly, when i touched it it was brittle and just broke up and fell off. in the corners it looks like the "drain" where the water comes down needs extending below the floor or a curved piece of plastic added just in front of the wood corner so the water misses the wood. i might try putting something between the rear wall and the floor as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts