bailey pageant bretagne..??

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
we are thinking about trading out 91 fleetwood in for a bailey pageant bretange.. and would appreciate your pro's and con's for the van.. we like the look of it(especially rear fixed bunks)and the price seems fair..but before we part with our hard earned cash we wanted to have some feedback cheers daz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Daz, can't help much with feedback but we had the same dilemmma last Autumn. We ended up ordering a Bretagne and took delivery of it last weekend. We have three children (10,8 & 5) and it is also our first experience of caravanning. Having spent last weekend "fiddling" with it, we are still happy with our decision. We will know more after this weekend (of course the weather is throwing everything it has) but I'm sure we will enjoy it. We liked the idea of the fixed bunks and the others seem easy to put up. Towing appears easy if a little nerve racking at first and it looks good too.

Hope this helps. Simon

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We picked up our Bretagne last October and so far have been really pleased with it. We had previously had a five birth van and I always found putting up the rear bunks a real pain. This van is great for that. We've got 3 children and they love it, plenty of space on wet days if we're all in the van. The only problem we've had is condensation on the rear bunk near the small door, however it's not too bad as long as I remember to make sure the mattress isn't touching the actual door. I have read that some others have had more of a problem with condensation on their bunks. There is another thread about that on this forum. I would recomend this van as very good value for money we've been very pleased with it so far.

Jo

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Daz, can't help much with feedback but we had the same dilemmma last Autumn. We ended up ordering a Bretagne and took delivery of it last weekend. We have three children (10,8 & 5) and it is also our first experience of caravanning. Having spent last weekend "fiddling" with it, we are still happy with our decision. We will know more after this weekend (of course the weather is throwing everything it has) but I'm sure we will enjoy it. We liked the idea of the fixed bunks and the others seem easy to put up. Towing appears easy if a little nerve racking at first and it looks good too.

Hope this helps. Simon
thanx simon for the reply.. we too are fairly new to caravanning..had ours two yrs..but once you get into it its great.. towing isnt a problem either.. just as long as you remember everything..hope the weekend goes ok for you.. weather supposed to be great.. im in south yorkshire though.. the butthole of england lol thanx again daz

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
We picked up our Bretagne last October and so far have been really pleased with it. We had previously had a five birth van and I always found putting up the rear bunks a real pain. This van is great for that. We've got 3 children and they love it, plenty of space on wet days if we're all in the van. The only problem we've had is condensation on the rear bunk near the small door, however it's not too bad as long as I remember to make sure the mattress isn't touching the actual door. I have read that some others have had more of a problem with condensation on their bunks. There is another thread about that on this forum. I would recomend this van as very good value for money we've been very pleased with it so far.

Jo
thanx jo.. we too heard about some condensation problems people were having with the rear access door.. some were experiencing it worse than others i think..its little things like that though that make people look elsewhere..but i suppose that if owners know about it then it can be avoided..and as for the kids loving it, mine do too. they already picked their beds..there is only 4 of us so when their beds are made up they can be curtained off still loads of room.. thanx again for the info daz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
thanx jo.. we too heard about some condensation problems people were having with the rear access door.. some were experiencing it worse than others i think..its little things like that though that make people look elsewhere..but i suppose that if owners know about it then it can be avoided..and as for the kids loving it, mine do too. they already picked their beds..there is only 4 of us so when their beds are made up they can be curtained off still loads of room.. thanx again for the info daz
Before you buy I suggest you mention to the dealer about the condensation as Bailey are aware of the problem and can put a fix in before you take the van away.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts