Bailey Pageant - Burgundy battery storage door

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Picked up new van Saturday 06/05/06. Saturday night heavy rain storm, tea spoon of water inside battery storage door, like condenstion it was actually on the door when opened. Door lock quite stiff and difficult to open and lock even before rain. Sunday afternoon broke latch when trying to open door. Thought I had unlocked it and a slight tug and the lever, which was made of hard plastic, snapped off.

(a) has anyone else had trouble like this

(b) where do I get a new one, very quickly because am soon going to Paris for a week (3 weeks time)

(c) should i have one made of some kind of metal

Thanks

PS Otherwise very please with Burgundy

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Your battery box lock was obviously faulty and had not been sorted at the P.D.I. I am sure all battery box doors on the Pageant range are the same so your dealer should have no difficulty providing you with a new one, either from stock or off another new van. Your warranty will cover it. They are easy to fit but make sure you get a new set of keys for the new door.Good luck.

HAMER

May 11, 2006
Visit site
The lock on my new Pageant Provence seems dodgy too. The key can only be removed in the horizontal position but it's possible to get the catch into a postion where horizonal is unlocked and turning counter-clockwise to vertical is locked. When this happens it's necessary to twist the catch 90 degrees on the lock so that locking is done by turning the key clockwise. This isn't entirely satifactory because if the door isn't fully closed then the catch twists back as the key is turned.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts