Bailey Pageant

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am looking at buying either a pageant provence or bretagne from the new 2005 range. As I am looking to part with some serious hard earned, I wondered just what kind of deals are out their if any for a cash deal. Some people say you should start at a 10% discount on list price. I live in Sheffield and so far I have had a brief chat over the phone with a salesman at Robinsons of Chesterfield who not surprisingly clammed-up at the mere thought of a discount. Could anyone recommend any bailey dealer who are prepared to do a deal or through in some freebies. Appreciate your commets.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Garry I don't want to sound pessimistic but when we were looking to buy our first caravan in July this year the only discout we could get on Bailey's was a reduction in the delivery charge. I think they sell far too well/quickly for the dealers to offer big discounts?. We eventually went for an Avondale Dart 6 berth and got over a

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Donna,

Thanks for replying to my email question. I must admit I had not considered the Dart 6 berth only looked at the brochure and layouts which look very good on the bunk bed model. Can I ask you donna just how good are the avondales and what made you plump for that model. Looking at the brochure list price which is approx

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Garry. We went down the same road and found out that due to selling power and the public's like of these vans there is little or no discount, my recommendation is don't hang around if you want a Bailey as they sell very fast, we was advised when we ordered our's at the beginning of September that Bailey had already sold over 2000 of the series 5 models, he also lead us to believe they will only be making around 5000.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Garry the reason we went for the dart is that we thought the finish was just that little bit better and what really swung it was the fact that the bunk beds/berths are that bit longer than the rangers (our eldest is a tall 11 year old!). Saying that though if we could of got a decent discount on the Bailey we would of been tempted as they are cheaper to begin with and the layouts are identical. The only differences we could see are no drop in carpets on the Dart and no electronic ignition on the cooker, not sure if that's on the Ranger, but, Avondale are now fitting an internal alarm as standard and that got me a reduction on my insurance!. I don't know where you are but my dealer is Campbell's of Preston excellent service so far but we did order the caravan in July so I don't know what the discounts will be like now. Good luck.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Garry, been there, done it, wore the T shirt so to speak. I posted a similar question a month or so back and tried all my local Bailey dealers with No Joy where discounts are concerned. I was advised to try the Earls Court show but what you have to remember is, the dealer you buy from is the ONLY Dealer who will do any warranty work if its required!! You don't want to be going 200 miles to have jobs done, unless your a sadist and a glutton for punishment!!! AS stated before, Baileys are selling fast but you may be able to pick up a display model with some small discount. I think Barrons have discounted some for about

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Garry, I'm surprised at your comments regarding Bailey caravans. If you think they are overrated and the only thing to attract you is the guarantee then why aren't you buying a different make? A good guarantee is good but it wouldn't be the sole factor that would attract me to buying a 'van. Best Wishes, George.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts