Bailey Pegasus front and rear panel seal.

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi All
I have a Bailey Pegasus Gt65 Rimini and the front and rear panel have a seal on top of them which I need to look at renewing/fixing , does anyone know where I can get these seals? I did see somewhere on here that someone had used silicone sealer to fill gap , has anyone done this ?image.jpgimage.jpg

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It’s not a good idea to use silicon on such seals. Caravan specific sealants are better. Sikaflex being one make. Soudaseal is another. Plenty of YouTube videos explaining how to remake such joints. But why not just try and clean up those joints which have weathered using White spirit.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Those "seals" are purely cosmetic so don't get too hung up about resealing them. But I can understand you wanting to clean them, A strong detergent mixture, along with an old toothbrush, should do the job

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
The panels, sometimes called fenders, are, as Mr Plodd says, cosmetic. The ones on my old Unicorn were simply fitted with a couple of screws. A stone flew up and damaged one of them once, costing me £110 and a half an hour. If it was not there it would have penetrated the front panel.

John

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I would like to renew them as front seal especially is falling apart , just need to find out where to get them , might try a window company and see if they have something that will fit .

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I think you will find the deterioration either by perishing or discolouration is a common problem of these seals. I have just googled ‘Bailey caravans fender seal strip’ and several suppliers come up - and several different profiles so you would need to select carefully. Could always contact Bailey who must use miles of the stuff, or a dealership either to purchase direct or confirm the profile needed.

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I think you will find the deterioration either by perishing or discolouration is a common problem of these seals. I have just googled ‘Bailey caravans fender seal strip’ and several suppliers come up - and several different profiles so you would need to select carefully. Could always contact Bailey who must use miles of the stuff, or a dealership either to purchase direct or confirm the profile needed.
Hi Rob
Thanks for the information, the seal strips seem widely available and reasonable price to , will add it to my list of to do jobs 😊👍

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
The 'seals ' are readily available from prima leisure. We replaced our a couple of years ago before we sold our Valencia.
They are not in fact seals but purely edging strips for the decorative panel.

Aug 5, 2022
Visit site
I would like to renew them as front seal especially is falling apart , just need to find out where to get them , might try a window company and see if they have something that will fit .
Might be worth trying Seals Direct. They have a big range. Gave me good advice a month ago re sorting out window seals for our Bailey.

Steve

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I’ve ordered a replacement strip from prima leisure, it’s for the front of my Pegasus GT 70 Rimini, nothing I’ve tried to get strip get it clean so I’ve ordered one for the front and if it’s as good as it is supposed to be I’ll be ordering another for the rear, mine should be here within next few days so I’ll let you know, of the top of my head it was cheap as chips as I think 6.99 + another £3 for carriage, I read somewhere that the replacement strip are much more hardwearing so fingers crossed so I’ll let you know soon.

BP

Reactions: Bluetonic
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I’ve ordered a replacement strip from prima leisure, it’s for the front of my Pegasus GT 70 Rimini, nothing I’ve tried to get strip get it clean so I’ve ordered one for the front and if it’s as good as it is supposed to be I’ll be ordering another for the rear, mine should be here within next few days so I’ll let you know, of the top of my head it was cheap as chips as I think 6.99 + another £3 for carriage, I read somewhere that the replacement strip are much more hardwearing so fingers crossed so I’ll let you know soon.

BP
At that price you cannot go wrong.

May 12, 2019
Visit site
Hi All
I have a Bailey Pegasus Gt65 Rimini and the front and rear panel have a seal on top of them which I need to look at renewing/fixing , does anyone know where I can get these seals? I did see somewhere on here that someone had used silicone sealer to fill gap , has anyone done this ?View attachment 4317View attachment 4318
As a suggestion, The boat industry has many sealents which I believe the average DIY caravan user has never heard about, like Sickaflex,,, Boats obviously have more exposure to water leaks and can cost far more than the most expensive caravan. Plus sealents which are available now may not have existed 10 years ago. And I imagain that caravan manufacturers wont use the most expensive (and best) sealents as they would go through too much of it.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
As a suggestion, The boat industry has many sealents which I believe the average DIY caravan user has never heard about, like Sickaflex,,, Boats obviously have more exposure to water leaks and can cost far more than the most expensive caravan. Plus sealents which are available now may not have existed 10 years ago. And I imagain that caravan manufacturers wont use the most expensive (and best) sealents as they would go through too much of it.
Sikaflex is regularly mentioned on this Forum, along with Soudal too.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I would be very wary about assuming a marine sealing material would automatically good for caravans. research the application and material they will be used with. and dont forget that caravan panes do have a tendency to move becasue of the lack of rigidity of the caravan compared to a boat.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I would be very wary about assuming a marine sealing material would automatically good for caravans. research the application and material they will be used with. and dont forget that caravan panes do have a tendency to move becasue of the lack of rigidity of the caravan compared to a boat.
That is a very valid point as Elddis used the incorrect sealant for their skylights resulting the framer surround cracking. Replacing the frame and using mastic prevented the problem from happening again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts