bailey ranger cooker problems

Mar 7, 2009
Visit site
hi mother in lawused ore cooker last week but all she got was foodand cooker covered in soot, when i lit it all i got was a bright orange flame so turned it off till i can get it fixed. anyone know what causes this or if it will be expensive

many thanks neil

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
neil,

Is the flame the same on all the burners? If so it looks as if your gas regulator has failed, or you have a gas leak. Have you checked that your gas connections at the regulator and gas bottle are tight and not drawing in air? If useing propane unscrew the screw connection to the bottle, clean the inside of the bottle part and the gas pipe end with a soft lint free cloth and reconnect.

If these things do not solve the problem have your system pressure tested for leaks by an approved gas engineer.

Hamer

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Niel,

A yellow sooty flame tells a gas engineer that there gas to air mixture is too rich.

It could be as Hamer suggest a regulator problem, but if all your other appliances are working correctly, that tends to discount that theory.

More likely is the primary air venturi tube has become blocked and needs a service.

The fact that you did not know that, means you need to have the appliance serviced by a gas competent person.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts