bailey senator indiana

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
Lovely van, first fixed bed we've had so don't know how it compares with others but it's wonderful not having to rearrange cushions in order to make the bed. No trouble with the cut off section.

Shower is adequate, not as good (obviously) as an end bathroom but the solid screen between the loo and the shower is good.

Cupboard space is, again, adequate but there is only the two of us so don't know what it would be like for 4.

Water pump is a bit noisy but it gets ignored - turn it off at night.

No problems with quality etc.

Apr 25, 2006
Visit site
Had ours for 2 months now, changer from a Sterling Moonstone. We think it is a super van.

I must admit we had concerns about the shower but after a week on a CL in wales using the shower daily I think it had advantages. It is much easier to wipe down after use and you can put your towles in the toilet area. But best of all the water flow from the onboard pump is impressive.

The bed is the best we have ever had for comfort (this is our 6th van in 18 years )

Storage space is good, but after having an end bathroom layout for the last 14 years we are still getting used to where we should keep things. The hole under the bed is supurb it swallows 4 chairs, 1 table, the cadac, plus many other things.

I must admit I was not in favor of moving to a fixed bed but after considerable months of ear bashing gave in. Now I'm a convert.

This is my first Bailey bt at the moment appears very good.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
We have ours for 9 months the bed is very comfortable plenty of storage underneath ,the pump sounds like a machine gun ,if you want to use the inboard tank you have to remove the front seat cushions and move levers around ,we caravan all year and just after Xmas when the weather was freezing we decided to use the inboard tank its fine filling up ,it takes one full aquaroll ,but as it empties the light comes on to show when its low ,so we started to top the tank up ,there is no guage to indicate that its full so you have listen for the water coming out the overflow ,suddenly my wife said my feet are wet ,the front part of the van was covered in water ,nothing was coming from the overflow because it was frozen and the cap on top of the tank was slightly loose ,it seems funny they put a light on the toilet when you can see when its full ,and nothing on the water tank what you cant see ,also having the heating on 24 hrs a day makes all the cupboards on the side where the fire is very warm you could never put food in them ,the shower is adequate as long as you stay upright ,there is also a silly little bin under the sink would have been far better to put a larger one on the door ,the chopping board on the sink is warped and wont go in the sink any more ,the wet locker is a good idea ,and i like the outside BBQ point ,and the most annoying thing is if its windy the screen on the mini heki roof light over the bed rattles up & down the only way to stop it is to pull back the screen ,ok in the winter but you get daylight in your face at the crack of dawn in the summer , i like the van but i think Bailey could have put more thought into it ,they obviously never try them out themselves

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts