Bailey Unicorn Mk III - Bumper Trim

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
Looking to see if anyone can suggest a solution to the strip of plastic on the front and rear of Unicorn 3' s
that separates the bumper from the body. In a recent wash and brush up, I found an enormous amount
of green slime behind it when i lifted it out to clean.
It sort of 'clicks' back into position but appears very flimsy (thats before any lifting/cleaning)
Any thoughts advice out there - please

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi Montrose. I assume you mean the rubbery/ plastic trim, 5/6mm wide, that protects the front corner protectors and the rear lower section from rubbing against the main body of the van. I assume they are there to stop the rubbing against the body and to help most of the rainwater to run off. It seems to me that they will not keep all the water out, and it will run away out of the bottom of the panels.I clean my van before every trip, but have never felt the need to remove the strips.

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Hello Ronald,
Thanks for replying. I spent last weekend on a rally looking at other Mk3 Unicorns and found therm all to be the same as mine. The Plastic is not particularly well secured and just a small amount of teasing or lifting the ends shows they all have masses of green/black gunk underneath them. I just caught the tapered end of mine with the sponge while washing, but it lifted and revealed the mess underneath.
I will trim all my ends, to take away the tapering and any further chance of them snagging. It does not appear to have been noticed (yet) by other Mk3 owners perhaps, so thanks anyway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts