BaileyGT60 Ranger460/4

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

We are considering buying one of these caravans .Has any got one and would you reccomend us buying one?

Have you had any snags with the caravan?and do you feel the caravan is good value?

Did you pay the delivery charge or can that charge be nogotiated/

A lot of questions I know,but as we are both retiree's this may be our last caravan and we'd like know that our hard earned cash hasn't been a waste.Many thanks and Happy Caravanning to you all.Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jimbob, we used to have a 460/4 Ranger, my advise would be go your local dealer and personally check one out, We discovered that you could not view the tv with the new lcd screens with the telly up on the telly shelf, the only way we could view it was to have the set on the lower level next to the cooker gas hobs.

The front seats are not long enough to put your legs up whilst watching tv.

You have to walk across the shower floor to use the toilet, the seat also is rather high.

Getting out of the fixed bed if you are laying next to the wall , can be quite hairy trying to get past your partner.

The van we have now offers all the things that the 460/4 did not.

Royston

Jun 21, 2006
Visit site
Had a 2007 460/4. Changed it because the front dinette was too short and we never felt comfortable. Other than that it was a fine 'van.

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
Hi Jimbob

Despite everybody advising us differently we, a family of four plus small dog bought a S6 460/4 in January this year and are delighted with it. Good quality, lightweight, we don't trip over each other. However we have never used the shower in any of our vans and could see the shower room being a drawback if we did, not sure about the waterproofness of that area. The only other drawback as mentioned before is the TV station, it is very difficult to view lcd type tv's it all turns into shadows etc.

We would buy another one though.

Ian

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
We bought the Bailey 460/4 (not the GT, but same body etc) in July 06. I agree with everything 'Royston' has said, but all in all good value.

Just one small matter....the 'van went in for a service in May this year and it was showing 100% damp due to water ingress on the front nearside corner.Its now in the dealers for repair (just when we need it!). In fairness Bailey are standing by their 6 year warranty, without quibble but is this what you expect in a caravan LESS than 3 years old....I dont think so. If it leaks in less than 3years, whats it going to be like after the warranty runs out in another 3 years...If you want a Ranger 460/4, I'll sell you mine!.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Charlie did not want to frighten Jimbob, but that was the main reason we sold ours the whole rear panel had to be replaced due to cracks in both the top corners,this also was on its 3rd service I lost 4 months of summer touring whilst Baileys sorted it out , even had to contact the MD to get things moving, I know at the moment they honour their warrenties but it must be costing them a small fortune correcting all these panel replacements at

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thank you very much indeed for all your comments very much appreciated good honest answers.I think we will have to look around a bit more,we do need an end bedroom(fixed bed)but we're in no hurry, thanks again for your comments and we wish you all "Happy Caravanning"Jimbob

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi there

We to have a Bailey Ranger 2007 460/4 we very happy with it. But for one thing the roof its flat and has two seams that run right across the caravan front and back where the ABS panels come up to the roof.So if you store the caravan tilt down back or front to let water drain all the water comes up to these mastic seals. They act like a water dam. Its a problem with damp waiting to happen. All Bailey seem to be built in this way? Has any one else noticed this or is it just us.

Steve & Janet.

Jul 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi

I have the GT60 500/5 - good lightweight family tourer, 460/4 should be ok to. On fourth Bailey - basically sound vans / value but as others quality can be a problem. GT60 range offers best value oh and for a good deal I went to Bardsea Leisure nr Ulverston Cumbria.

Also do look at new Sprites and Elddis Explores

Andy J

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts