ball/wheel search

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, can anyone help me in locating plastic wheels in the form of large 'balls' approx 30cm diameter. I require 4 and I plan to make a trolley cart for sitting my disabled son in when on the beach as wheelchair wheels just sink into the sand. My idea is that I can take him into the shallow water whilst he sits in the trolley. I have seen these on the beach in France and I have trawled the internet but cannot find a company who would supply the wheels - obviously weight is importanat as the trolley would go with us in the caravan.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Tony.

I can't give a direct answer but I believe you should be searching for "Balloon" Tyres/Wheels, link your search to boat launching trolleys or Dinghy launching Trolleys or try some boat chandlers etc!

You could also try the likes of Flexifoil Kite manufacturers and other Kite Buggy manufacturer, There buggies are designed to run on the beach and I have seen some with Balloon type tyres for use on soft sand and the wheel hubs are plastic!

I have a wind surfer trolley fitted with with Very Wide Karting Rear wheels and tyres to get over the sand. They are light and a karting dealer gave them to me for a tenner off an old Kart. They have sealed type bearings but I dont know how you would get on in the water.

If that was any help your lad might be impressed with his own set of "alloys" ;-)

Sorry I can't give a direct answer. Do they still make those "Ball Barrow" wheels for wheel barrows?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tony.

I can't give a direct answer but I believe you should be searching for "Balloon" Tyres/Wheels, link your search to boat launching trolleys or Dinghy launching Trolleys or try some boat chandlers etc!

You could also try the likes of Flexifoil Kite manufacturers and other Kite Buggy manufacturer, There buggies are designed to run on the beach and I have seen some with Balloon type tyres for use on soft sand and the wheel hubs are plastic!

I have a wind surfer trolley fitted with with Very Wide Karting Rear wheels and tyres to get over the sand. They are light and a karting dealer gave them to me for a tenner off an old Kart. They have sealed type bearings but I dont know how you would get on in the water.

If that was any help your lad might be impressed with his own set of "alloys" ;-)

Sorry I can't give a direct answer. Do they still make those "Ball Barrow" wheels for wheel barrows?
Dyson of vacuum cleaner fame invented and manufactured the Ballbarrow and now makes the Ball Dyson vac with a similar ball wheel.

Possibilities perhaps?

Feb 1, 2006
Visit site
Hello Tony

Try this site www.tiralo-usa.com

Is this what you have seen?

It looks similar to what you describe and also floats in the sea.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts