Bank hols - off again

May 18, 2007
Visit site
As the title say's it's BH again and we are off in the van.First time in about a month so we are raring to go.

We are off to Stanmore site in Bridgnorth for 3 nights.

Where are other people going ?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Very rare for us old stagers to venture out on a BH, but we're off to a Royale Caravan Owner's Club rally to attend the fiftieth anniversary of the Splading Bulb Festival Flower Parade. The Parade has always been worth seeing, but this one should be spectacular.The club has taken over a complete seventeen van site at Whaplode. Should be good fun.

Enjoy whatever you do.

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
We off to The Plassey. First time there and also the first time in our new TA. Looking forward to it even though the weather is going to be rubbish.

Regards

Ian

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
We are not going anywhere! Not through lack of intent, but we only decided a couple of weeks ago to try to book somewhere in the Midlands, ideally a CL. I must have phoned around 30 site across the midlands only to get the same response....the last pitch went the other day...doh!

Same story at the CC sites. Th frustrating thing is I bet that all of these sites will have a few spaces available over the weekend where people fail to turn up.

If anyone can recommend a nice CL somewhere in the middle of this country with space for a couple of vans this weekend, then please let me know......here's hoping :-(

David

Mind you, if everywhere really is fully booked, then there is going to be some real travel carnage on Friday afternoon. Perhaps spending the weekend at home with the family will not be so bad :)

Mar 30, 2007
Visit site
Hya, we,re off to Northam Farm in brean, this afternoon till Monday, we went there last weekend, and left the van down there, so all we have to do is pack the car food and drink, and we'l be off. Can,t wait.

May 1, 2008
Visit site
We are about to set off for Scotland on Saturday, 3rd. May and are trying to find out the current situation regarding fuel supplies in the North of England and Scotland, particularly the western region of the Highlands. Can anyone help please?

Brian Gaunt

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi we are off to Peaklands/Jinglers CP (Google) nr Ashbourne its not a CL has 34 pitches with EHU anl old toilet shower there were five of us going bur one cant go now so pitch empty but I dont think they were full anyway,as we live near each other its not to fat to go for either of us.

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback, Peaklands is now full, and the leen has only one space and we are in a party of 2 vans, so it looks like a wekend at home, being a little bit smug of not having to pack the awning away wet.....

Jan 28, 2008
Visit site
For information, Presthope CC siote has had some cancellations this week, but are closing the pitches because of flooding...So no chance of getting a late cancellation there...

Mar 8, 2007
Visit site
Richard W,

I'm sorry I can't help you, the only ropes I have are Guy ropes and I need these to keep the Awning tethered over the BH W/E,

best regards, Martin

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Polmanter , St Ives; and Trewethett Farm Tintagel for us. Good job we saved our Tesco and Sainsbury 5p off a litre of diesel vouchers!

Cheers

Alan

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
Polmanter , St Ives; and Trewethett Farm Tintagel for us. Good job we saved our Tesco and Sainsbury 5p off a litre of diesel vouchers!

Cheers

Alan
Alan

Let me know what Polmanter is like. Were off there in summer for first time.

Regards

Ian

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Alan

Let me know what Polmanter is like. Were off there in summer for first time.

Regards

Ian
Hi Ian,

This will be our 5th visit to Polmanter in four years. It is one of the very few commercial sites we use and we indulge in a fully serviced pitch. And why not when we often use CC sites with no facilities, eg Grummore and Low Moor.

They have an excellent web site so you can see all the pitches and reserve the one you want. We always go for 163 / 164 on Giew.

The toilet blocks are kept in first class condition although on a busy hot morning at peak periods by say 9.00am they have been well used. The on site facilities are lovely, swimming pool, playground area for children, well stocked shop and an excellent bar / restaurant. They also do simple takeaways. The restaurant is good value and not that expensive.

The location is high up about 1.5 miles from St Ives. You can see Carbis bay . A leisurely walk down into St Ives takes about 45 minutes or so through fields and then latterly quiet roads. The good news there is a mini bus which will take you from St Ives town right up to the site entrance.

An excellent dog walk is available and helps clear the early morning cobwebs.

I am sure you will enjoy it.

Cheers

Alan

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi Ian,

This will be our 5th visit to Polmanter in four years. It is one of the very few commercial sites we use and we indulge in a fully serviced pitch. And why not when we often use CC sites with no facilities, eg Grummore and Low Moor.

They have an excellent web site so you can see all the pitches and reserve the one you want. We always go for 163 / 164 on Giew.

The toilet blocks are kept in first class condition although on a busy hot morning at peak periods by say 9.00am they have been well used. The on site facilities are lovely, swimming pool, playground area for children, well stocked shop and an excellent bar / restaurant. They also do simple takeaways. The restaurant is good value and not that expensive.

The location is high up about 1.5 miles from St Ives. You can see Carbis bay . A leisurely walk down into St Ives takes about 45 minutes or so through fields and then latterly quiet roads. The good news there is a mini bus which will take you from St Ives town right up to the site entrance.

An excellent dog walk is available and helps clear the early morning cobwebs.

I am sure you will enjoy it.

Cheers

Alan
Thanks

Looking forward to it.

Regards

Ian

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
Just back from The Plassey. Must say could not fault it. Site is very clean and well kept. There is a nice pool which limits the amount of people at one time so not to busy. The bar is nice, tried the plassey beer, i'm not normally a beer drinker but it tasted ok. Also, there is a golf course and pitch and putt. We had good weather so spent a lot of time around the van, having barbies which makes a nice change for a bank holiday. But, then sunday was a wash out, back to normal bank holiday weather.

We will defanitely be going back and would recommend to anybody else.

Regards

Ian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well, we survived the bank Holiday! Actually, we had a fabulous time, cos we were secreted away with our friends on a little site in Whaplode (Hagbeach Manor CCC site - lovely.) Unfortunately, the Spalding Flower parade was only very moderate. It had been hyped up as being the fiftieth, and we all expected something spectacular, but it was disapointing.

Still, the rest of the Royale Owners Club rally WAS spectacular, so a great weekend was had by all.

TRENDING THREADS