Bashley Park New Forest

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
Nigel

We have been there a few times.

It is kept very clean, even the showers etc at August B.H. were clean.

Most of the pitches are a good size, some are hedged off and give you more privacy.

Indoor pool is more of a fun pool, outdoor pool (in summer) is very good.

They have tennis courts, crazy golf, football pitches etc so plenty for the lads to do.

A few of the pitches run underneath overhead power cables (not very large ones) but we book away from them.

The club can get far too busy at peak times and there is often not enough room, but the boys will like the mini tenpin bowlimg alleys.

Beware of the wardens on leaving day. You are meant to be off your pitch at 10am sharp and they are round almost with military precision if you are late!!

If you dont know the area there is masses to do there so enjoy.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
nigel, I used to go regularly but the attitude of the touring field warden as I was packing to leave was annoying enough to stop me returning. It had been a rough night weather wise and at 10 am sharp he was hassling for people to vacate their pitches and fairly rude in the process. I know rules are rules etc. but 10am is just too early in any case.

This was 5 years or so ago and there were problems with the grass which was basically dead from over use. When it rained it smelt putrid.

Jun 28, 2006
Visit site
Nigel

We have been there a few times.

It is kept very clean, even the showers etc at August B.H. were clean.

Most of the pitches are a good size, some are hedged off and give you more privacy.

Indoor pool is more of a fun pool, outdoor pool (in summer) is very good.

They have tennis courts, crazy golf, football pitches etc so plenty for the lads to do.

A few of the pitches run underneath overhead power cables (not very large ones) but we book away from them.

The club can get far too busy at peak times and there is often not enough room, but the boys will like the mini tenpin bowlimg alleys.

Beware of the wardens on leaving day. You are meant to be off your pitch at 10am sharp and they are round almost with military precision if you are late!!

If you dont know the area there is masses to do there so enjoy.
Thanks John we dont normally go for the lights and clubhouse holiday but our local caravan center are doing a half term rally here so we thought give it a try.Hopefully we wont get the attitude off wardens as it is a rally but who knows. Nigel

Jun 28, 2006
Visit site
nigel, I used to go regularly but the attitude of the touring field warden as I was packing to leave was annoying enough to stop me returning. It had been a rough night weather wise and at 10 am sharp he was hassling for people to vacate their pitches and fairly rude in the process. I know rules are rules etc. but 10am is just too early in any case.

This was 5 years or so ago and there were problems with the grass which was basically dead from over use. When it rained it smelt putrid.
Thanks Ray

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site

Ive used Bashley a few times, and its still correct about the wardens, they walk around like their on guard duty, checking your not parked on grass/empty pitch, but putting those things behind, its a great site for all, and plenty of areas of interest in the area.

Ps. I went to Hoburne Minehead this year, the wardens are so relaxed.... we chose a different pitch as our was flooded, the warden didnt even notice until the last day!!! (we did check with reception) and my eldest daughter won fishing chapion of the summer :)

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Ive used Bashley a few times, and its still correct about the wardens, they walk around like their on guard duty, checking your not parked on grass/empty pitch, but putting those things behind, its a great site for all, and plenty of areas of interest in the area.

Ps. I went to Hoburne Minehead this year, the wardens are so relaxed.... we chose a different pitch as our was flooded, the warden didnt even notice until the last day!!! (we did check with reception) and my eldest daughter won fishing chapion of the summer :)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We visit Bashleyon a regular basis and have never had a problem with the wardens.

If you are camping as part of a club rally there is no reuirement to depart at 1000. Last weekend we left at 1600 onthe Sunday, others were still there and no warden pestered anyone.

If you are not part of a rally you need to go to reception on your morning of departure. You pay a day fee (about six quid) and can stay as long as you wish. Considering the facilities available its hardly expensive.

As for parking on empty pitches, quite simple really. Don't do it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts