Bath Marina

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Anyone stayed at Bath Marian caravan park? We are there for a couple of days after the Bank holiday. Any pubs in the area that have a reasonably priced menu and drinks. Don't want to be paying £5 for a Thatchers cider or £15 for a burger & chips. LOL!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Its in a rather nondescript area mainly business and housing. There is the Globe up on the A4 junction with the Wells Road quite nice and ruralified. Going along the road towards Bath there's the Victoria (an urban local liked by medics and nurses okay if you feel ill) then a bit further on there's The Hop Pole liked by me. Quirky but great beers. Yes option is hop on a bus and drink/eat in Bath where you are spoiled for choice.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Using Google I came across a rugby orientated pub the Pultenay Arms not far away which seems to have good reviews.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Using Google I came across a rugby orientated pub the Pultenay Arms not far away which seems to have good reviews.

Isn't your Marina on the west side of Bath? If so the pubs I suggested were relatively close. The Pultenay arms is on the east of the city. Its okay, but why not head into Bath centre where there are masses of places, or just head out on the Wells road for country/village pubs. Trying to recommend one that might be suitable is not really feasible is it without knowing how far you want to travel, use of bus/taxi etc and like/dislikes.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/...and/somerset/bath/articles/best-pubs-in-bath/

Have a look at the George Inn Bathampton right by the Kennet and Avon canal nice outside spaces too.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Isn't your Marina on the west side of Bath? If so the pubs I suggested were relatively close. The Pultenay arms is on the east of the city. Its okay, but why not head into Bath centre where there are masses of places, or just head out on the Wells road for country/village pubs. Trying to recommend one that might be suitable is not really feasible is it without knowing how far you want to travel, use of bus/taxi etc and like/dislikes.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/...and/somerset/bath/articles/best-pubs-in-bath/

Have a look at the George Inn Bathampton right by the Kennet and Avon canal nice outside spaces too.
You are correct and I was using the incorrect post code when doing the search. Duh!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
There is a P+R just across the Upper Bristol Road which is the main road when you turn left out of the Marina gate.
Is that the Boathouse? Good place and nice beers when we last went December 2019. Years ago it was one of the places where lunch was hosted by contractors. Shades of BOJO 🤭

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts