Bathroom cupboard damage

May 13, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

A while back I put a trial sized bottle of mouthwash in my caravan bathroom, the next time I picked my van up a couple of months later, I realised that the bottle had tipped over in the cupboard and melted two holes approx 2 inches across inside my moulded bathroom cupboard. I kept the bottle but the mouthwash had also damaged the label so I couldn't see any contact details and I never got round to doing anything. I know which manufacturer the product came from, and they now have a note on the bottle to avoid contact with plastics so there have obviously been other problems with it damaging surfaces.

I am looking at selling my van now but as the whole bathroom sink and 2 side cupboards are one moulded unit I am wondering how mcuh it is going to cost me to replace the whole thing and also whether it is worth me trying to claim now? Just wanted to see what other people would do in the situation?? Or if anyone has any suggestions of where to start with replacing something so big, I have got in touch with Lunar as I don't know where to start with suppliers for parts etc or whether I would need to take it to a dealers to be replaced?

Or if anyone has any ideas of a product I could use to cover up the holes in the small shelf?

Any comments would be appreciated!

TRENDING THREADS