Bathroom floor - what do you use?

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

My (second hand) caravan has a combined loo/shower cubicle so you have to put your feet in the shower tray to 'go'.

The van came with a piece of carpet for the floor of the shower tray to be taken up when you use the shower. Unfortunately it leaves bits of carpet in the tray when you lift it up and it doesn't look very nice.

What do other people use? I want to protect the floor from shoes when the loo is used - I've seen some newer models come with swish-looking wooden duckboard that's cut to fit...is this practical?

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Our first van had that set up. We bought a rubber shower mat and put that in the shower area. The mat had sucker type thingys on the underside and it never moved.

I don't like those duck boards as they look really uncomfortable to stand on.

Lisa

Jan 25, 2008
Visit site
We are just after getting a duckboard from B&Q for a fiver which fitted perfectly into the rectangular tray in our compact bathroom. They are OK to stand on actually.

We needed to do something as the drain from the sink kept coming up the shower plug hole and soaking the tray - out children didnt take to that too well when they run to the toilet and get damp feet! Will have to look for a more permanent solution to that one though.

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
we bought some of that mat stuff on a roll. It is a bit sort of spongey and is washable but I don't know what its called. They sell it caravan shops.

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
we bought some of that mat stuff on a roll. It is a bit sort of spongey and is washable but I don't know what its called. They sell it caravan shops.

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
hi beej we also use sponge mat you buy off roll we got ours from chichester caravans dunelm also sell it its about 7 pound a metre that made two mats for ours

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
we just use a normal bathroom mat and this lets me colour coordinate fold it in half giving required size and turn over half way through a weeks break to get nice clean[ dirty shoes etc.,] bit refreshing the look for the rest of the week.

myra

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
We also use the spongy mat on the roll , if I remember right its call Soft-tex . Cuts out to any shape and the left over pieces can be used for place mats , ideal because they don't move on the table . Steve .

Jun 1, 2006
Visit site
We are just after getting a duckboard from B&Q for a fiver which fitted perfectly into the rectangular tray in our compact bathroom. They are OK to stand on actually.

We needed to do something as the drain from the sink kept coming up the shower plug hole and soaking the tray - out children didnt take to that too well when they run to the toilet and get damp feet! Will have to look for a more permanent solution to that one though.
We had that problem when the drains from the shower and the sinks were routed to a single outlet. The solution is to have two outlets, one dedicated to the shower.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts