Bathroom taps stopped working

Aug 30, 2021
Visit site
Hi
I’ve just changed a micro switch on my kitchen tap. ( Swift Accord 480, 2004). Now the bathroom tap and shower have stopped working. Checked the voltage on the bathroom tap and all is well, voltage in and out so the switch is working but the pump switch light on the control panel won’t light . Kitchen tap is working fine and the pump switch lights up. Although the microswitch replacement was difficult I’m sure I haven’t disturbed any wiring. Checked all fuses and all is well- but is there a fuse somewhere that I’m missing?
Thanks
Geoff

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.

Have you tried bridging the two wires which go the the bathroom tap, if the pump come on, the problem is with the switch in the bathroom tap. If the pump does not come on you have lost continuity in one of those wires which will need tracing.

John

Aug 30, 2021
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.

Have you tried bridging the two wires which go the the bathroom tap, if the pump come on, the problem is with the switch in the bathroom tap. If the pump does not come on you have lost continuity in one of those wires which will need tracing.

John
Hi
Yes I’ve tried that but no luck. There’s power going through the tap but no pump light. Guess the fault must be between tap and pump, but seems strange that both bathroom taps should fail after I fixed the sink tap.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi
Yes I’ve tried that but no luck. There’s power going through the tap but no pump light. Guess the fault must be between tap and pump, but seems strange that both bathroom taps should fail after I fixed the sink tap.

That is what I meant by testing the continuity.

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts