Battery charge...

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
Hi all. I have recently bought a 2016 Lunar van. Along with the van came a Numax XV31MF leisure battery. The battery seems to work ok, but as I don’t know how it was treated previously, I gave it some TLC with a smart charger at the earliest opportunity. My question is with regards to the full charge voltage. Every reference I have found says that 12.7 volts is where it should settle. My battery has been off the charger now for 2 days and at room temperature. The voltage has settled at 13.1 volts. This number is higher than I have read it should be. It has been exactly 13.1V on the multi meter now for more than 24 hours. Do I have a problematic battery or is this normal?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi all. I have recently bought a 2016 Lunar van. Along with the van came a Numax XV31MF leisure battery. The battery seems to work ok, but as I don’t know how it was treated previously, I gave it some TLC with a smart charger at the earliest opportunity. My question is with regards to the full charge voltage. Every reference I have found says that 12.7 volts is where it should settle. My battery has been off the charger now for 2 days and at room temperature. The voltage has settled at 13.1 volts. This number is higher than I have read it should be. It has been exactly 13.1V on the multi meter now for more than 24 hours. Do I have a problematic battery or is this normal?
There is nothing to worry about with that reading.

Reactions: Marky 1971
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Agreed that there is nothing to worry about. But that is not necessarily an indication of the batteries capacity. My 110 amp battery still settles at over 13 volts. But the service engineer tested it last week and its down to about 60%. But it is now in its 6th year. Have a look at the battery, you may find a date stamp on it.

John

Reactions: Marky 1971

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts