Battery not charging

May 7, 2022
Visit site
Hi all,

We have a weinsberg caraone 390qd, which we have had for 2 weeks picking it up brand new. We are currently on holiday and noticed that the battery is not charging, we have spoken with the caravan dealer, and will be popping in on the way home next week, however is there something we are missing in getting it to work? We have been told that with the wiensberg vans, if you unplug the battery then the electrics won't work, even if you are plugged into the campsite electrics. We have tried this, and that is the case, we got hold of a charger and set about charging the battery, and this did work, albeit we only charged a little as we had no other way of keeping the fridge on. Since then the battery is going down and down, currently at 25%, is anyone familiar with the German manufacturer? Have we not done something? I should also point out that it didn't appear to charge via the car hookup on the way to the campsite either, which was a good 3 hours drive. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
Hi.
Take a look at this link:

This does apply to earlier models but on page 12 under "Optional Equipment"
Iten No. 250376:
"12 V mobile system comprising: Gel battery, automatic charger, master
switch and level indicator for fresh water".

However, here:

It states that "Auto Charger" is fitted as standard along with "230 V SCHUKO Sockets "UK" Version"

Therefore, if your CaraOne is a UK spec it should have a charger which might be faulty but, if it's German spec with continental style two pin power sockets it may not have a battery charger fitted.
Can you actually see a battery charger?

Last edited:
May 7, 2022
Visit site
Hi.
Take a look at this link:

This does apply to earlier models but on page 12 under "Optional Equipment"
Iten No. 250376:
"12 V mobile system comprising: Gel battery, automatic charger, master
switch and level indicator for fresh water".

However, here:

It states that "Auto Charger" is fitted as standard along with "230 V SCHUKO Sockets "UK" Version"

Therefore, if your CaraOne is a UK spec it should have a charger which might be faulty but, if it's German spec with continental style two pin power sockets it may not have a battery charger fitted.
Can you actually see a battery charger?
Yes, the charger unit is there, it's a large blue unit, the word charger is displayed on it, it is also a UK spec. We think it may be faulty, but thought I would ask on here if anyone has had dealings with this brand of van before.

Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
I'm sorry I can't be of more help but I've just had a thought. Is there by any chance an inline fuse somewhere on the positive lead between the battery and the charger that could have blown or even be missing?
The solar panel on my caravan wasn't working when I took delivery and I found the inline fuse had been removed.
I hope it's that simple for you.

May 7, 2022
Visit site
Well....problem has been resolved and fixed. Took it back to the supplying dealership yesterday on way home from holiday, on the way it got a bit dull and drizzly, and I noticed the nearside front light was not working. So I thought that's something else for them to sort out, the reason that was not working was the wiring had come loose, and connected with other wiring, thus shorting the 30amp charger fuse. Both issues now resolved, it seems the light cable had not been secured and covered correctly, so now we have a fully effective battery charger. Thanks for those that offered advice 👍

Reactions: Dustydog and Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts