Battery powered caravan axle

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
A couple of items that are on the Swift Talk forum.
The battery powered axle for when towing with an electric car may be the future of caravanning

Any one got a spare 1.5 million euros for the motor home ?

https://youtu.be/nxACF39XVCU
https://newatlas.com/buerstner-harmony-3-caravan-concept/56065/

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
If it is to be made by Alko I hope they do better than their present ones. Mine needs replacing as the bushes are shot. Two companies have given me quotes they are £300 different fior ostensibly the same axle using Alko list price. I have provided sets of photos to both showing the axle Alko tally plate. One has sent me an assembly drawing which given the details and part numbers seems to align with my axle. But before ordering I have to confirm that all of the dimensions shown on the drawing are accurate as there can be no refund. The other requires the caravan at their premises so they can measure my axle before ordering. Swift were unable to assist. Referring me direct to Alko. Have Swift or Alko no control over the configuration of their products. I can hardly envisage my car maker/dealer requiring me to get underneath and measure a seven foot(plus) prop shaft plus flange dimensions,bolt sizes, pcd etc :-(

May 7, 2012
Visit site
otherclive said:
If it is to be made by Alko I hope they do better than their present ones. Mine needs replacing as the bushes are shot. Two companies have given me quotes they are £300 different fior ostensibly the same axle using Alko list price. I have provided sets of photos to both showing the axle Alko tally plate. One has sent me an assembly drawing which given the details and part numbers seems to align with my axle. But before ordering I have to confirm that all of the dimensions shown on the drawing are accurate as there can be no refund. The other requires the caravan at their premises so they can measure my axle before ordering. Swift were unable to assist. Referring me direct to Alko. Have Swift or Alko no control over the configuration of their products. I can hardly envisage my car maker/dealer requiring me to get underneath and measure a seven foot(plus) prop shaft plus flange dimensions,bolt sizes, pcd etc :-(

How old is the axle? If reasonably new have you considered your legal rights repeated on here regularly?

Mar 8, 2017
wandering.me.uk
What a strange suggestion, perhaps more suited to the 1st April.

The efficiency of such a system suggests that it's a none starter unless they are discussing regenerative braking, something that already exists.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Raywood said:
otherclive said:

How old is the axle? If reasonably new have you considered your legal rights repeated on here regularly?

Made December 2011 but van first registers April 2013. There was s recession on at the time and van sales slumped. I’m not the first owner so cannot guarantee that it had not been overloaded at some stage. If you see the lengths some have had to go to to get redress on axles only 1-2 years old I would be banging head against a brick wall. Look at my thread re Relaxed Axle and there’s a link to a blog where the caravan owner painstakingly details the actions he took to get redress.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts