BBQ food.

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
otherclive are you thinking of buying another ?
Certainly not. We gave considerable thought prior to making our decision. Whilst we have enjoyed our times caravanning the time had come to refocus on our priorities and the lack of spontaneity to go on trips was a major factor. However we do have plans for breaks when our daughter will move in to look after the dogs. This next weekend we are off to mid Wales for some walking in the Elan Valley and it would be too much for the dogs, and we aren’t ones to just sit at the van. After that we have a break planned in Cardiff, then in Leicester when hopefully we can meet up with cousins and join the Diwali festival. Next year the family ( ex moi) has a large four bedroom cabin booked in spring and the much deferred holiday in Rhodes, again ex moi. I tend to go across to Wales and stay with our son for some walking and visits to his local pub.

Our daughter has her final nursing degree placements in Salisbury from October through to May which require some quite unsociable shifts combined with an 80 mile round trip. So to support her we tend to be around for the granddaughter, and don’t go to bed until our daughter is safely home. But that support was something we committed to when the NHS agreed to sponsor her for a degree. They are also approving a new lease car too for her community work. So hopefully by summer 2022 some normality will be recovered.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Certainly not. We gave considerable thought prior to making our decision. Whilst we have enjoyed our times caravanning the time had come to refocus on our priorities and the lack of spontaneity to go on trips was a major factor. However we do have plans for breaks when our daughter will move in to look after the dogs. This next weekend we are off to mid Wales for some walking in the Elan Valley and it would be too much for the dogs, and we aren’t ones to just sit at the van. After that we have a break planned in Cardiff, then in Leicester when hopefully we can meet up with cousins and join the Diwali festival. Next year the family ( ex moi) has a large four bedroom cabin booked in spring and the much deferred holiday in Rhodes, again ex moi. I tend to go across to Wales and stay with our son for some walking and visits to his local pub.

Our daughter has her final nursing degree placements in Salisbury from October through to May which require some quite unsociable shifts combined with an 80 mile round trip. So to support her we tend to be around for the granddaughter, and don’t go to bed until our daughter is safely home. But that support was something we committed to when the NHS agreed to sponsor her for a degree. They are also approving a new lease car too for her community work. So hopefully by summer 2022 some normality will be recovered.
Hi otherclive Hoping that all your plans [both for yourselves and extended family] all come to fruition. Supporting your loved ones is an important part and when they are trying to achieve personal ambition you can only be there for them so they can carry it through to the end. My youngest granddaughter is setting out on this course hoping to achieve a Nursing degree like her nana, we support her in whatever she is hoping to do. The oldest one is a teacher so we can fully empathise with the life choices your daughter is making and helping to achieve their life goal. Hoping that all your plans for holidays both under canvas etc enable you and your family to continue with happy times and memories. Good luck in all your future plans both personal and with family.

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We put Chilli peppers into Dry sherry for cooking!
Came back from the pub today, Mrs H said, I will have a sherry, I got the bottle wrong, Herself, is paying for it now, as are my ears from herself.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Came back from the pub today, Mrs H said, I will have a sherry, I got the bottle wrong, Herself, is paying for it now, as are my ears from herself.
Are you sure you haven’t put Dry Sherry in today’s beer😵‍💫😵‍💫Wrong thread Hutch🤣🤣🤣🤣😜

• Haha
Reactions: Hutch
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Are you sure you haven’t put Dry Sherry in today’s beer😵‍💫😵‍💫Wrong thread Hutch🤣🤣🤣🤣😜
I think I did, might be buying you a beer soon. I will let you know.
OC how far away from The Thames Head pub , Cirencester, are you. Could be nice to meet up. Together with DD.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Wondered why my posts re BB back in 2021 popped up. I thought there was a sixth sense because I have some nights booked next week at Bracelands in the Forest of Dean with my granddaughter, and I was planning to take the Smokey Joe BBQ. Although her ideas have merit. Porridge, followed by Spam and eggs for breakfast, snack for lunch and then pub meal and drinks in the evenings. Uhmmm!!!!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Wondered why my posts re BB back in 2021 popped up. I thought there was a sixth sense because I have some nights booked next week at Bracelands in the Forest of Dean with my granddaughter, and I was planning to take the Smokey Joe BBQ. Although her ideas have merit. Porridge, followed by Spam and eggs for breakfast, snack for lunch and then pub meal and drinks in the evenings. Uhmmm!!!!
She sound like a well settled Granddaughter, enjoy her and be silly ando daft things with her.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Took my eldest son 40 yr old in June, on my motorbike, at three year old, no helmets, him sitting on the fuel tank. Got to love it.
He flew a helicopter at 12 years old. Many thanks to Ken Smith, a wonderfull Nigerian Pilot

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We digress, back to BBQs, when I worked in nothern Pakistan the road side BBQs made out of what looked like Missile "things" 12 inch wide 9 Foot long. Never ever had Dheli belly. Fantastic BBQ meat.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hutch , when? Don’t forget I’ve only just come out of hospital .4/5 weeks on I should be more mobile. It’s the drugs mate. No alcohol 😥😥

Reactions: Hutch
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
A nice flavouring is oil in a jar or bottle, loads of garlic cloves chopped up an d a couple of the small chillies. Leave to stand for a couple of ones and then use the oil with the garlic and chillies bits for cooking i,e, on chicken, frying eggs etc. Gives it a nice taste without the bite of the chillies. :D

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts