BBQ spice

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
But isn't garam masala a spice mix? :p

I did a "curries of the world" cooking course a while back - chiang mai jungle curry, bobotie, cape malay curry, katsu, uwarmah ala dijaj (middle eastern)... we were given the recipes to make the various spice mixes from scratch plus the methods for using them. None of them were very hot but all were very tasty and learning a few basic techniques is useful for any time you want to use spices.

The best curries I have ever tasted I have no idea what they were. I was on a business trip, visiting farmers in the vast outback of Gujarat, a long drive into the countryside from Ahmedabad. I happened to be at one village at lunch time, where they were preparing various dishes simply to sustain the farmers and they offered to feed me too - it was incredible food, but very simply created and served.
Yes it is.
Garam Masala is a personal mixture of at least 5 spices. It is sold as an item just like curry powder!My GM is nothing like Supermarkets

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts