Aug 12, 2005
Visit site
We don't find putting the seating cushions down for a bed particularly comfortable. Wonder if a proper mattress could be used instead, but worried about the weight. Don't use the bed area except for sleeping, so a mattress would seem ideal. Thought about airbed, but not sure. On caravans with fixed beds, presumably their mattresses are lighter than normal household ones. Any comments appreciated.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Have you thought about trying one of those latex mattress toppers. They seem fairly good, or, investing in a feather bed which you lay on the mattress. That would be heavenly, trouble is you'd never want to get up in the morning!!!!

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
If you don't already do it try turning the cushions over when you make up the bed so the buttoned side is face down, this improves the feel no end and combined with a mattress topper is perfect. I would imagine putting a mattress in your van would use up most of your payload unless you have lots to spare. On fixed beds the mattresses are thinner I believe. Purely on a personal level, as I know many people swear by fixed beds, my wife and I could not get on with them. We borrowed a friend's fixed bed van to try and we found it difficult to get on with, it may because I am six foot two and sixteen stone (muscle not fat) and my wife is 5 / 11. It didn't work for us but hey we are all different, but try turning your cushions it makes a world of difference

May 12, 2005
Visit site
in our LMC 520 hte the single fixed beds have foam matress but the slats underneath are bowed upwards and act as springing I am 6ft 3in and 18st (mostly fat) but my bed is long enough and very comfy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Phil

Re-sitting cushions,

We have a inline seating arrangementwith equal length cushions.

We put the two back cushions upside down with the raised parts facing both the caravan inner walls.

We place the two sitting cushions across the van upside down, with the raised shapes facing outwards.

Roy.

Aug 12, 2005
Visit site
If you don't already do it try turning the cushions over when you make up the bed so the buttoned side is face down, this improves the feel no end and combined with a mattress topper is perfect. I would imagine putting a mattress in your van would use up most of your payload unless you have lots to spare. On fixed beds the mattresses are thinner I believe. Purely on a personal level, as I know many people swear by fixed beds, my wife and I could not get on with them. We borrowed a friend's fixed bed van to try and we found it difficult to get on with, it may because I am six foot two and sixteen stone (muscle not fat) and my wife is 5 / 11. It didn't work for us but hey we are all different, but try turning your cushions it makes a world of difference
Martyn

Thanks comments re mattress - thought as much. Will try using cushions upside down with mattress topper as suggested by Wendy and yourself. By the way, where can I get a latex mattress topper?

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mikes wife here,

We bought mattrass topppers from this chap, e-mail the_quiffboy@hotmail.com .He was cheaper than most and was able to cut to size. Arrived very quickly (48 hours). We havn't tried them yet, but going away for a few days next week. We are off to Wincanton racecourse CC site. Anybody else been there and can report back?

Aug 12, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mikes wife here,

We bought mattrass topppers from this chap, e-mail the_quiffboy@hotmail.com .He was cheaper than most and was able to cut to size. Arrived very quickly (48 hours). We havn't tried them yet, but going away for a few days next week. We are off to Wincanton racecourse CC site. Anybody else been there and can report back?
Hi Mike's wife

Thanks supplier details. How much for double size roughly do you think?

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Phil

put the cushions up side down and one of the small at each end and put the other to long way down. SMALL

L L

O O

N N

G G

SMALL

We all so put a quilt on top to sleep on.

good look Mark

TRENDING THREADS