been to caravan show at b'ham today anddddddddd

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
i looked at most of the vans and deceided that the new pegasus and olympus is not a patch on my wyoming.

i like the lunars but the front seats just wouldnt be long enough.

so if i win the lottery im buying a elddis supersirocco it was fantastic and just ouzes quality.

just to go with it if i win im having a black disco TD4 it was amazing.

jo

jo

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Scott, this is Jo-Anne's fantasy and if she wants a black disco TD4 in it, she can have it. Don't go spoiling a perfectly good daydream with facts. :)

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Also went today,i have never seen the show so busy,3 mile q to get off the M42.

Had a good day and i saw Julia Bradbury ooooohhhhhh im all flushed!

had a moan at Calor and asked why calorlite is now

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I was also at the NEC today Jo-Anne.

The show seemed a bit less crowded than I remember from previous visits but it used to be held during schools half term which might account for there seeming to be fewer visitors today.

We managed to have a look round most of the models represented and the end washrooms in fixed bed Pegasus and Olympus caravans were cramped in my opinion but otherwise the interiors were typical Bailey with the lighter wood being reintroduced.

The staff employed by Dunster House were friendly and helpful and I managed to have a good look round a Stealth and formed a more positive impression that the one that I held previously.

The black front panel had been replaced by a grey one on the model that I viewed and instead of the purple interior doors this model had 'graphite' (grey) interior and locker doors which to my mind are a vast improvement.

In general the caravan wouldn't be to my own particular taste but I can see the innovative design becoming popular with younger more physically active caravan buyers who wouldn't spend much time sitting or lounging around inside.

Most models including the Stealth seemed better presented than on previous shows with no fittings being noticeably loose or missing this time.

The most luxurious caravans that we saw were made by Roma where the hand built quality of this range really stood out from the crowd.

We had the pleasure of meeting Stuart who represents Roma on this forum and their sales team that we met were young, friendly and enthusiastic about their product and they deserve to succeed.

The only thing that I bought was a new hitch cover to replace the one which came free with the caravan three years ago.

The exhibition halls were nice and warm and we enjoyed an interesting and relaxing day out.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Jo-anne

I haven't seen the new Scirrocco. Two years ago we did like it but the interior was black upholstery and it was

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
alan, as you know the sirocco has always been our favorite and now there back to the paralel seating its just perfect. the upholstry is not black anymore and it lovely. the new shower room is nice with the tiles in the shower and its just more robusk and classy than the wyoming. i think bailey have made a HUGE mistake getting rid of the senator and the pageant range because them new ones aint a patch on them very minimul and cliniki if you know what i mean ( bland and boring). people who who also had the wyomings agreed with us and there keeping there wyomings.

jo

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
i think the bare plastic interiors of the oly and peg are a let down too, i went into our senator today just to check the battery volts, i looked round the van and still think it looks great at 6 years old.

i noted the walls which naturally you take for granted, all very nicely PAPERED, giving a nice warm feeling.

But having studied the construction videos on the tv channel web site, at lest four times, i am very impressed by the way the oly and peg are constructed, compared to the old build method, the lack of water adsorbing materials is defiantly a huge step forward.

Only the floor for me needs a rethink, its still wood as far as i can tell, and remains essential to the longevity of the caravan, i think all the damp problems will be mainly in the floor.

All bailey have to do is change the interiors to the standards set by the senator of old, and the new ranges will leave the competition standing.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Rab

I got one of these last year ( anything to make the job easy ). I will be on the look out on friday & saturday for anything new again.....

Its a man thing :eek:)

EZ Level

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Maybe in the future we will have one remote, to park the van with our mover and then press another button and the van will self level via little motors on the steadies..

Rab

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
one thing i have heard about the new baileys is there is like side skirts and if they break they can just be replaced but the clip that holds the goes into the side panel underneath so if that goes and needs replacing the side panel will come off to put a new one on how crazy thats a

May 14, 2009
Visit site
We have just part exed our Wyoming for a Super Sirrocco which we pick up in 2 weeks. Didn't intend to buy a new van this year but it was love at first sight. A real must have.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
pamela, congratulations and im sooooooooo jealous. i looked at most vans and the only one that would get me to change if i won the lotter was the supersirocco. its just got that extra bit that the wyoming didnt have oh and the fridge freezer is a must. your so lucky when you get it we need the pics.

did you get the discovery 4 aswell lol

jo xx

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Mikey

You're right. Prices have risen fairly sharply in the last two years due to the strength of the euro compared to the pound. A lot of a caravan is sourced from Europe and priced in euros and this has a direct knock on to the retail price. Toilets, windows, aluminium, fridges, chassis - you name it - it's priced in euros. Even the cabinet doors for most models are sourced from Italy. Was nice to see the little Elddis 302 sneaking in under the

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well I have given the show a miss this year, I have seen all I want to see via the Caravan Channel web page.

Very interesting filming of the latest bailey range most talked about within this format.

Interesting that Baileys appear to assemble their caravans using very young assemblers using battery operated tools to drill and tighten the various bolts, Where as Eddis still use the more favourable air power tools, much more reliable .

I used to work within the air conditioning world, where the Air Handling units were manufactured using the same foam filled panels that the caravan industry use,Air power tools always used.

TRENDING THREADS