Belgian bun!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
One of the very few sweet cakes I really like. Unfortunately most bought from supermarkets can be fairly bland. Those bought from bakeries tend to be okay but expensive.
Today we went to a market in Chipping Norton and there was a baker with all his goods displayed and he happened to be selling Belgian buns. I have always been wary of buying fresh foods from market traders, but made an exception.
This Belgian bun stood at least 3" high and was almost the size of a side plate with loads of raisons and icing on it. Thought what the hell as not expensive. eating it now and it puts to shame all the other Belgian buns I have had in the past. Even the wife who does not like sweet stuff except me came back for a second bite.
Got go and wash the sticky off my mouth, hands and everywhere else it attacked. LOL! :D

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Got some from the Morris of Usk farm shop just outside Usk on last trip. Cannot fault them and highly recommended if you are in the area and other things there hard to beat.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Locally made products eg Pasties from Annie’s The Lizard and St Agnes Bakery are usually far better than the mass produced stuff. Eg the East Cornwall big company pasties sold in most supermarkets contain 15% meat.The “homemade “ ones are circa 45% meat.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Try a locally made Eccles cake. Ten times better than the mass produced stuff. But then we are the lucky ones who have tasted quality 😉

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts