Bernay municipal site

Nov 22, 2006
Visit site
Hi all

When we are travelling back up through France we were going to stop for a night at the municipal site in Bernay east of Le Harve Has anybody stayed there and what did you think?

Thanks

Barry

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Barry, the only Bernay I know is about 50 miles south of Le Havre. I've never stayed at the campsite, but do know the town quite well and the site looks pleasant enough. I'm sure it would be fine for an overnight stop, since as far as I know the only sailing from Le Havre leaves at 5.00pm, so no problem getting there in time to catch the ferry. Bernay is certainly worth a stroll around, and if you want a small excursion to see some of the Norman countryside, I recommend a short drive to Le Bec Helouin. When are you going?

Nov 22, 2006
Visit site
Barry, the only Bernay I know is about 50 miles south of Le Havre. I've never stayed at the campsite, but do know the town quite well and the site looks pleasant enough. I'm sure it would be fine for an overnight stop, since as far as I know the only sailing from Le Havre leaves at 5.00pm, so no problem getting there in time to catch the ferry. Bernay is certainly worth a stroll around, and if you want a small excursion to see some of the Norman countryside, I recommend a short drive to Le Bec Helouin. When are you going?
Thanks for your help, we are traveling mid July and heading back to the Euro tunnel but the town sounds nice and worth an overnight.

Cheers Barry

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Barry

We stopped here overnight in September. Nice enough little site not far from Centre Ville. I have some pictures on my website www.caravantravels.co.uk

David

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts