Best 6 berth end bed £7500

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi people, this question has probably been asked many times but here goes.
Which is the best 6 berth end bedroom van for about £ 7500.we are coming back to caravaning and there seems to be lots of choice. Also where can we get an independent inspection done.
Thanks
Andrew.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Quote " Also where can we get an independent inspection done."

Any of the NCC Approved Mobile Workshop engineers will do a pre purchase inspection for you.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I Do not think there is a best 6 berth end bed, it depends on your own personal preferences and what one person thinks is best is not forced to be what the next thinks. There is not a lot between the various makes so I would view a few and go for the one that suits you best.
Apart from NCC approved mobile engineers see http://www.thencc.org.uk/Our_Members/find_Member.aspx you can also get one done by a Caravan Club approved engineer to a fixed schedule and price although personally I do think they are a bit expensive http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/shop-and-offers/member-offers/caravan-and-motorhome-inspectors

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply everyone. Perhaps the question should have been, which caravan should we avoid. Damp issues, poor quality fit and finish, design flaws.
Have heard Bailey have had some damp problems.
Any help will be greatfully accepted.
Thanks

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
The quick answer to that is they are all as good or as bad as each other. All makes and models have perfect fit and finish and all have poor quality and damp issues. All depends on the individual van. We have an end bed 6 berth from Bailey. Pegasus GT65 Turin but you won't get that in the price bracket. We have no damp issues but we did with our previous perceived better quality Coachman.

Condition and damp free of the individual vans you look at, along with full service history are in my opinion more important than the make.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I concur with Martin's point Drustan, look at each individual caravan on it's merits rather than as a brand because every manufacturer produces caravans that after a few years become damp to some degree.
Inspect each caravan closely, check the condition of the exterior first including the sealant around the caravan joins, around the lights and the grab handles. Dry cracked sealant is likely to allow water ingress.
Check the overall condition for signs of damage and ensure that the CRiS number is etched into every window and is the same on each one. You can buy a HPI check via the CriS number to check out the bona-fides of a prospective purchase.
Moving to the interior as you open the door check for any musty odours. Beware if there are air fresheners r if the heater is switched on, this may be concealing something.
Check the walls and ceiling, particularly at the joins, around skylights and windows. Look behind curtains and gently peel pack window rubbers to look for black mould. Check for soft spots on the walls, check inside the lockers and underneath the seats and beds, especially along wall/floor joints. Ensure that the gas dropper vents on the floor haven't been blocked. Check around the toilet, wash basin and shower, inside cupboards and under the sink. Look for signs of leaking pipes or large spillages. A good torch and damp test meter might be useful. Before you start looking have a browse at the Caravan Buyers Guide which will provide more tips and information.
Never buy a caravan without seeing it, it's surprising how many people do, and if things don't add up walk away!
There are some good well maintained caravans offered for sale but take care to find one, don't waste your cash on a shed ;)
Good Luck and let us know how your search progresses :)

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I do agree with the others. Do not worry too much about the make there is not a lot to choose between them, I would be wary of any 2007/8 Avondale models though as they do seem to have real damp problems.
A damp check is probably the most important thing particularly if you are buying privately. If any seller says no to an inspection run a mile.

TRENDING THREADS