best discount season

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Used tourers appear to be selling as well if not better than brand new caravans in todays market Joanne but just before major caravan exhibitions in October and February when dealers want to clear old stock from their forecourts is always a good time to negotiate a good deal

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, My Mum would like a 2 berth tourer, we will have a look around september in that case

regards

Joann

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
This is ok as long as your Mum wants to buy from a dealers.

If she is considering buying from a private vendor then any time is ok to have a look round to find out what is available.

Many private vendors try to improve on the relatively low prices that they are offered for their used part exchange tourer.

Just remember that the overall condition and a full service history are more important than the age of a used caravan.

caravan years go from 1st of sept so a van brought on 10 sept 2010 will actually be a 2009 model and should have money off.unless waiting on a delivery date for a 2010 model,discounts at dealers start aug.

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Not always Sarah,Caravan manufactures start producing next years models before the 1st so there is a possibilty of picking up next years model straight away

Friend picked up a van in August 08 and was a 09 model.

Bailey are different and release next years models earlier than the rest.

Not always Sarah,Caravan manufactures start producing next years models before the 1st so there is a possibilty of picking up next years model straight away

Friend picked up a van in August 08 and was a 09 model.

Bailey are different and release next years models earlier than the rest.
i know bailley changed over,but i am a bit out of touch this side of the irish sea here are problem is what year is it,a new van could be last years model,and sat for a year on the forecourt.

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Will have a look at the Lawns, Cottingham for a good deal this Sept, we live nearby and I believe they often show the new vans for the first time there.

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
Sarah - got to correct you here - The model years go on when a van is manufactured not sold. So after September there will be 2011 models for sale along with unsold 2010 models. We bought our first ever caravan in 2007 when it was an unsold 2006 model and bought it for what was second hand price for a new one.

Nov 20, 2006
Visit site
certainly the best deals to be had at dealers are normally coming up to september when dealers are clearing out stock for the new seasons models. but this year you will find it happening sooner probably end of july/august. in fact we are knocking

Jan 24, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, My Mum would like a 2 berth tourer, we will have a look around september in that case

regards

Joann
On speaking with my dealer today he has an abundance of 2 berth caravans as a high proportion of normal 2 berth customers are buying fixed bed vans which have taken over from side dinette end washroom must have vans, dealers would be especially keen to sell a 2 berth even more so if no 2 berth is being traded in.

regards

Ian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts