Best Route to Prestatyn

Aug 22, 2005
Visit site
We are going to Prestatyn next in May travelling from Chesterfield in North Derbyshire.

Is the A623 onto the A6 at Chapel-en-le-frith and down to Hazel Grove a resonable route?

JSD

Nov 11, 2007
Visit site
hi jase,im not clued up on the 623 but the A6 is in my eyes cr*p.i drive a truck up and down there its traffic light after traffic light potholes and speed cameras but there aint much other choice really it can get narrow in parts as well you wont be rushing down there.

what i would advise is to avoid queensferry as they are building a new bypass which wont be done by maytime i was down there 2day i would suggest getting onto the m53(wrexham/chester)then the A55 towards wales its a few more miles but generally flows freely if its bank holiday i would certainly go this way

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi jason have a look at this route A619 - A623 - A6 -M60 - M56 -M53 to chester - A55 - A547 towards Rhyl then follow signs for Prestatyn.As ghostrider said in his post stay away from queenferry it's just down the road from me and it's a nightmare.There is only more thing I can say in watch yur speed while you are here they have had me twice and I live here any way hope you enjoy your stay in north wales peter.

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
Jason

I agree with the comments mentioned. I went to prestatyn last year and followed the Tom Tom. Big mistake. Ended up going through a single track road and then coming down the hillside into prestayn. My bum was twitching a bit as there was nowhere for me to turn round with the van on the back. Don't follow Sat Nav advice follow site instructions they are the bset.

Regards

Ian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts